Rights Respected, People Protected
The Norwegian Refugee Council is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises in 31 countries, where we help save lives, rebuild futures and promote the rights of people who are displaced. We deliver high-quality aid where needs are greatest, in both new and protracted crises.
In Palestine, NRC provides humanitarian assistance and promotes respect for international law in one of the longest-running displacement crises in modern history. In the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, and Gaza, NRC’s work includes emergency preparedness and response, education, ICLA, protection, shelter and WASH.
NRC will continue its programming to promote durable solutions and allow communities to recover from shocks. In relation to this, the Urban Displacement Out of Camps (UDOC) department will continue supporting house reconstruction projects, community initiatives and advocacy efforts in order to promote durable solutions for IDPs.
In addition, UDOC will invest in community-based networks created through municipal forums and CBOs’ focal points. This will entail linking these community structures with the humanitarian architecture as well as engaging with the humanitarian clusters and OCHA to develop Communication with Communities (CwCs) policies and tools.
The specific activities will focus on Urban Displacement Case Load Management by building on the previous experience in order to develop guidelines and tools on urban responses.
Other activities for UDOC might include establishing and strengthening humanitarian communication centres at community level to enhance access to services and dissemination of messages.
The purpose of the UDOC Officer position is day-to-day implementation of the UDOC project activities, under the programmatic management of the UDOC Coordinator and the Area Programs Manger (PDM).
- Provide trainings to local partners as per project action plans
- Follow up implementation of capacity building programs to communities, partners and main stakeholders
- Support in training and coaching of project partners Ministries and Municipalities staff members in advocacy and lobbying.
- Conduct needs assessments of partners and communities in relation to capacity building issues
- Conduct field visits to beneficiaries
- Gather and organize data collected from the field as per project implementation plan, in accordance with NRC quality assurance measures
- Organise and participate in emergency response activities, including rapid assessments, emergency distributions, cash distributions, and working within the humanitarian response framework Works with team members to conduct emergency preparedness activities and preparedness sessions within communities
- Maintain a degree of flexibility to work irregular hours in the case of a rapid emergency response
- Coordinate internally with NRC core competences such as ICLA, Shelter, Education and WASH to ensure that UDOC activities are integrated and address the acute needs on the ground
- Undertake any other reasonable task assigned by management
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Our Ideal Candidate must have:
- 5 years’ experience working as a Project Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience in capacity building and community-based programming
- Experience of field level coordination
- Understanding of urban displacement set ups and management of community focal points
- Understanding of the disaster risk management cycle, specifically preparedness planning and emergency response
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Experience in emergency response in similar context
- Experience in community-based mobilisation and monitoring
- Knowledge in communication with stakeholders and communities
- Good knowledge of English
In this position, you will join a highly motivated and experienced team who are making a difference for vulnerable people in one of the world's most complex humanitarian crisis.