Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
In order to support the Joint programmes under the Sustainable Economic Development Cluster, we are looking for a full time (100%)
“Junior Travel and Logistics Officer”
Tasks and Functions include but are not limited to:
- Provide travellers with all necessary information for their travel.
- Controls and prepares the travel application form for National /International GIZ staff and partner staff under SED Cluster
- Prepares the settlement of expenses for National/International GIZ staff and partners
- Prepares and follow up on the request for travel health insurance
- Obtaining offers of flight tickets based on the updated travel policy
- Organizes visas and other necessary permits and documents.
- Organises and coordinates logistical aspects for planning, holding and documenting meetings, workshops, seminars and other events
- Identify event requirements and expectations for each event
- Manage all event set-up, follow up processes
- Collect offers and prepares hotel bookings and Hotel accommodation
Administrative and office services
- Organises and files documents in reference files or in DMS in line with GIZ’s filing rules
- Manages incoming and outgoing correspondence and prioritises and organises it
- Replies to and looks after correspondence (replies)
- Helps prepare visitor programmes, draws up travel schedules, organises transport of visitors and makes hotel reservations. Prepare, invitation letters, RMO arrangements.
- Photocopies and scans documents as needed
- Provides support to facility management.
- Administers the vehicle log correctly and conscientiously in accordance with GIZ standards, arranges for refunds and rebooking’s between projects
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- University degree in relevant specialisation and qualification in business administration
- Minimum of 4 years professional experience in a comparable position
- Fluency in Arabic and English (speaking, writing and reading)
- Knowledge about distance learning and digital tools.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
- Fast learner, accurate and team player.
Assignment: Starting 15th of January 2021. 12 months contract with possible extension.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address: [email protected], which includes applicant information form, CV and cover letter, no later than 23th December 2020 at latest 12:00PM
Kindly state in the email subject “Junior Travel and Logistics Officer– SED Cluster”. Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Attachment GIZ applicant information form