I-Background on ACTED
ACTED is an international NGO registered in France. ACTED’s vocation is to support vulnerable populations affected by wars, natural disasters and/or economic and social crises, and to accompany them in building a better future. ACTED started its activities in the occupied Palestinian territory in May 2007, through food security interventions in the West Bank and then in Gaza. ACTED is currently implementing projects funded by ECHO, UNOCHA, AFD and DGD, which aim to protect vulnerable households in the West Bank and to strengthen civil society actors across the occupied Palestinian territory.
In the occupied Palestinian territory, ACTED is both committed to humanitarian assistance and long-term development. ACTED strives to strengthen the economic capacities of cooperatives in rural areas, consolidate civil society organisations, and provide emergency assistance to the most vulnerable, rural communities in both West Bank and Gaza.
The transport assistant will be mainly responsible on the below:
- Fleet management processes: overseeing daily and weekly fleet follow up of all ACTED cars, planning and movements, ensuring appropriate follow-up of cars, incl. maintenance and fuel management, ensuring effective and efficient use of ACTED vehicles and their safety when on assignment.
- Driving: ensuring driving movements of ACTED staff , ensuring compliance with the traffic rules and regulations in addition to ACTED driving guidelines.
- Office/Guest House Assistance: assist in purchase and deliver the stationary, cleaning materials, Mineral Water and other support purchases and arrange it in the storage. Minor Repairs works at office & Guest House. Ensure the safety and effective use of ACTED assets and properties in ACTED premises. Liaising and dealing with service providers – such as plumbers, electricians.. etc).Moving ACTED assets & properties when needed.
- Mailing: Deliver any official correspondences of the Flat Departments, Collect administrative docs (Inc. permits from DCL Health Insurance Card...etc.).Deliver payments and cheques to the suppliers and the contractors. Dispatch /Collect quotations and price offers.
Fleet Management Responsibilities:
Vehicle planning set up and follow-up
- Set up weekly vehicle planning every Sunday morning based on heads of department’s requests: update planning every day).
- Dispatch the cars to the requesters
- Ensure operational follow-up of movements daily basis
- Provide alternate solutions, in coordination with Logistics Officer approval;
- At any time, know where are dispatched all cars and how many people with the car
- Report any malfunction to the Logistics Officer immediately by maintenance follow up report.
- Update daily the log-book for each trip (km start - km stop - hour departure time - hour arrival to destination) gets it signed by Passenger.
Fuelling and maintenance follow-up
- Conduct weekly vehicle checking every Sunday including (filling Car checklists, liaising for cars cleanness once weekly per each car)
- Ensure proper utilization, maintenance and follow up of the ACTED fleet
- Ensure logistics follow a servicing and maintenance schedule for vehicles.
Fleet management procedures
- Ensure a proper level of preparation before movement on the field, ensure transportation means are adapted and set movement rules which are adapted to the local areas of intervention
- Controls all equipment and documents are dispatched in all cars are fully (tools kits, first aid kit, phone charger, water…)
- Accountable for the overall compliance with the fleet management procedures : control regularly that all documentation required is filled in timely and precisely
- Control all documentation related to vehicles (Insurance, Log Books, Fuel slips...)
- Ensure proper visibility – as per ACTED standards – on the vehicles.
- Accounts for the overall compliance with the delivery and fleet management procedures.
- Ensure that all ACTED cars Logbooks are filled correctly (and signed) .
- Consolidate all Significant Incident Reports (SIR) for incident that happens on the road and consult with the logistics Officer for decision
- Ensure proper management of the log books (for each car) and other docs mandatory in the cars (Acceptance form, Accident report form, etc)
- Filling all cars documents in proper car files (Inc. log books, car Checklist, and Insurance. licenses .etc.)
- Responsible to respect and obey Traffic Rule and Regulations.
- Report any incident or accident immediately.
- Responsible for paying fines / tickets – unless if proven out of responsibility
- Pick and drop of ACTED staff/Guest at airports and borders
- Responsible for the accompaniment of all sensitive ACTED deliveries (freight and mail) from one ACTED base to another.
- Carry up the stuff when needed
- Assist in purchase and deliver the stationary, cleaning material, Mineral Water and other support purchases and arrange it in the storage.
- Ensure the delivery of the procured items to ACTED bases
- Minor Repair works at office & Guest Houses
- Ensure the safety and effective use of ACTED assets and properties in ACTED premises
- Liaising and dealing with service providers – such as plumbers, electricians... etc)for maintiance in ACTED bases.
- Moving ACTED assets & properties when needed
- Deliver any official correspondences of the Flat Departments
- Collect administrative docs (Inc. permits from DCL , Health nsurance Cards...etc.)
- Deliver payments and cheques to the suppliers and the contractors
- Dispatch /Collect quotations and price offers
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Minimum 3 years driving experience with good references.
- Arabic mother tongue and good level of spoken English; knowledge of Hebrew is preferred.
- Available to undertake frequent travel to field locations in the West Bank, including East Jerusalem.
- Experience with International NGOs is preferred.
- Knowledge of mechanics is an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines under pressure, and to complete work with high quality and attention to detail.
- Flexibility and capacity to work under pressure.
- Commitment towards principles and ethics of humanitarian aid, including compliance with ACTED standards and principles.
- Experience in adhering to security protocols and procedures.
- Ability to drive in Jerusalem (Jerusalem ID holder).
- Valid driving license with a good driving record.
- Over 24 years old.
VII-Submission of applications:
Interested candidates are invited to send their CV, and three references (in English) no later than 1st December, 2018 to: [email protected] ,indicating the position (Transport Assistant) in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.