Brief description of the position
PCHR looks for a translator/interpreter to provide accurate translation and simultaneous interpretation, as required, from English to Arabic and vice versa, using the most appropriate vocabulary and commonly accepted equivalents of professional, technical, or legal terms in addition to high standards of accuracy, consistency and faithfulness to the spirit, style, and nuances of the original text.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Translating all PCHR's documents and/or website content from Arabic to English and vice versa; including but not limited to publications, correspondences, periodic reports, emails, factsheets, figures, videos, and other materials, making sure there are no omissions to the original text.
- Ensure that the translated text is linguistically and grammatically correct and error free.
- Edit, standardize, proofread, revise, and finalize translated material prepared by other employees and contractors.
- Maintain confidentiality of materials translated so that they cannot be submitted, distributed to, or used by any other party and share them only with PCHR.
- The translator/Interpreter is obligated to work within the required deadlines and be available for comments and corrections.
- The translator/Interpreter is responsible to provide translation assistance to PCHR's staff in meetings with donors, beneficiaries and other organizations as required.
- Accompany PCHR's visiting international delegations and facilitate communication.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in English literature, translation, or another related field.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience working as a translator or interpreter.
- Experience in working closely with international and local organizations.
- Practical knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, and Power Point.
- Ability to perform translation tasks with minimal supervision.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Capacity to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Highly approachable, trustworthy, and confidential.
- Believer in human rights, particularly women’s rights.
- Good knowledge in drafting success stories, case studies and letters in English.
Interested applicants may get online Job Application Form from this link