The Palestinian Centre for Human Rights (PCHR) is an independent Palestinian human rights organization established in 1995 based in Gaza Strip. PCHR works through the law and advocacy for the promotion and protection of human rights, the pursuance of the rule of law and the realization of democratic principles for the Palestinian people. PCHR announces the following vacancy.
Position title: Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer
Reports to: General Director
Location: HQ Office- Gaza
Contract duration: One year renewable. (Full Time).
Brief description of the position
The M&E Officer is responsible for carrying out all M&E activities in PCHR. The M&E Officer will be responsible for managing and leading the collection and analysis of PCHR's programs/projects data and report periodic reports include challenges, and lessons learned during and after projects implementation.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Develop and strengthen monitoring and evaluation system in PCHR.
- Monitor and evaluate all programs/projects activities progress towards achieving the set results.
- Define the key project performance indicators as well as monitor that they are met throughout the projects’ duration.
- Participate in M&E planning in projects proposals.
- Provide support to any external and internal evaluations of program/project activities.
- Conduct regular field visits to the program/project activities.
- Train the related staff members on M&E tools and skills as appropriate.
- Support management in identifying challenges in the programs’/projects’ performance to ensure annual targets and outcomes are achieved in line with the approved plans and budgets.
- Manage and lead the data collection process and conduct regular analysis of the data collected.
- Keep the general director and program directors updated about the M&E status, including deliverables and any other concerns.
- Assist the program committee in generating and developing ideas to be used in proposals.
- Contribute to gender mainstreaming relevant to M&E tasks.
- Perform other duties and tasks at the request of management.
- Prepare quarterly, mid-term, and annual program/project M&E reports to be delivered to PCHR's general director.
- Monitor and track challenges and risks, and report best practices, and lessons learned of PCHR's programs/projects implementation to PCHR's general director and meet projects M&E requirements.
- Develop program case studies and monthly success stories.
- Report initiatives, suggestions, and improvements to general director.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Information Management, Project Management, or other relevant academic background. (Master's degree is preferable).
- Minimum 5 years of relevant working experience; in the field of M&E, projects design and proposals writing in national/international NGOs/UN bodies.
- Fluency in English and Arabic (written and spoken).
- Very good experience of effective project design and budget control.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated leadership and teamwork skills.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Research design, data analysis, and high reporting skills.
- Very good knowledge in MS Office applications.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Highly approachable, trustworthy, and confidential.
- Believer in human rights, particularly women’s rights.
Candidates are invited to submit their Curriculum Vitae (CVs) in English to the following email address: [email protected]
Closing date for application is: 22/1/2022 at 3:00 PM.
Please indicate in the email subject: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer Position.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.