Position : Tracking Officer
Salary : 5874-6167 ILS
Location: Based in Gaza
Responsible to: HAS Supervisor/Gaza Area Manager
Closing date: 5 November, 2023
Handicap International (which runs projects under its operating name, Humanity & Inclusion - HI -), is an independent and impartial international aid organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. Working alongside persons with disabilities and other vulnerable groups, our action and testimony are focused on responding to their essential needs, improving their living conditions and promoting respect for their dignity and their fundamental rights. Handicap International is a not-for-profit organisation with no religious or political affiliation. It operates as a federation made up of a network of associations.
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
In collaboration with the Gaza Area Manager and the Programme’s Humanitarian Access & Security Supervisor (HASS), the role of the Tracking Officer is to track the movements of staff and monitors the security context.
Mission 1: OPERATIONAL IMPLEMENTATION
Responsibility 1-1: Movement tracking
- Helps brief teams before travel.
- Ensures that all HI vehicles comply with programme safety standards.
- Tracks the movements of HI staff and activities according to current procedures.
- Tracks vehicle positions and records vehicle movements.
- Ensures that all movements are reported according to current procedures.
- Sounds the alarm and reports any incidents or problems during travel or any anomalies prior to travel.
- Trains new starters in movement procedures and the use of communication and tracking tools.
Responsibility 1-2: Monitoring the security context
- Identifies key people for gathering information relating to access and security in the intervention areas.
- Monitors security events daily and reports back to the Manager.
- Gathers, analyses and transmits context-specific information.
- Monitors external security incidents and helps with analyses.
Responsibility 1-3: Additional missions to be defined according to the needs of the programme and the
framework of the HAS Supervisor or Gaza Area Manager.
- Supports logistics with the management of safety files (assessment of HI premises, emergency kit, means
of communication, fire extinguishers, vehicle equipment etc.).
- Helps manage the security of premises and staff.
- Helps prepare and facilitate workshops and training courses on security, safety and humanitarian access.
- Helps with the reporting and management of security incidents.
- Helps with the allocation and delivery of satellite phones, mobile phones and SIM cards in accordance with the programme’s logistical procedures.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Job profile requirements:
- Certificate in logistics, security or fleet management (or any other field relevant for the position). Ideally trained in humanitarian access and security management.
- Experience in humanitarian action in NGOSs.
- Experience in logistics, fleet management or in a position with security (or transferable) responsibilities.
- Experience in analysis of the context and the interplay between actors in relation to the programme's partner strategy - Global programme management.
- Excellent planning, coordination and reporting skills, with the ability to organize a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities
- Good communication and reporting in English as well as experience in drafting tools.
- Good analysis of security risks, and management of security incidents
- Speaking: Arabic and English.
HI workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in HI Code of conduct. In accordance with these values, HI operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti-fraud, bribery, and corruption.
The candidate or his/her representative must let the HR representative know that s/he needs an adjustment or change at the test and the interview for a reason related to a medical condition by sending a request for accommodation at the email mentioned below.
By applying to this position, you grant HI’s recruitment team your consent to perform a reference check on you with respect to the misconduct disclosure scheme.
Initial contract will be for a period of 3 months, it is subject to be renewed based on availability of funds.
Handicap International is an equal opportunity employer.
It welcomes applications from persons with disabilities and is ready to provide reasonable accommodation for their specific needs.
Interested candidates should send their resume with motivation letter to reach on or before Nov 5, 2023 to [email protected] indicating your full name and the job title (Tracking Officer) in the subject line of your e-mail application. Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will be disregarded.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and those shortlisted will be contacted.