I. Background on ACTED
ACTED is an international NGO registered in France. ACTED’s vocation is to support vulnerable populations affected by wars, natural disasters and/or economic and social crises, and to accompany them in building a better future. ACTED started its activities in the occupied Palestinian territory (oPt) in May 2007. ACTED is currently implementing projects covering multiple humanitarian / development sectors, funded by of a variety of international donors, which aim at protecting vulnerable households and strengthening civil society actors across the oPt. ACTED oPt offers a dynamic, rigorous and knowledge-orientated working environment.
In the occupied Palestinian territory, ACTED is both committed to humanitarian assistance and long-term development. ACTED strives to strengthen the economic capacities of cooperatives in rural areas, consolidate civil society organisations, and provide emergency assistance to the most vulnerable, rural communities in the West Bank, East Jerusalem and Gaza. ACTED currently seeks a Technical WASH Officer for its WASH and shelter projects in Gaza.
- Support in conducting technical assessments in line with ACTED project criteria, in order to meet objectives and needs (from the technical aspect) of WASH intervention such as assessment of the drinking water (production and distribution of desalinated water, developing contingency plans ad water safety plans in WASH vulnerable communities to have access to safe drinking water in emergency)
- Conduction field meetings either with community leaders, women, men and produce reporting according to defined activity.
- contribute to technical WASH input in project design, implementation and reporting
- support in the preparation of proposals and other report documents
- support the creation of data management processes (including designing, entry, analysis, interpretation, reporting and dissemination) and keep accurate data of all the project information and ensure that all files are complete.
- Report daily and on weekly basis to the line manager.
- Carry out any other duties as agreed with the line manager.
- contribute to Monitoring, evaluation and suggest changes and improvements in programme and materials based on observations discussions and lessons learned with line manager.
- Prepare BOQ’s for tendering and support accountable selection of contactors
- Site supervision of contactors in case of water or sewage network construction/repair.
- Communicate, exchange information and co-operate with relevant external actors as approved by the Area Coordinator
- Contribute to the development of ACTED’s strategy, action plan and activities plan and priorities for the WASH program.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications and Skills:
- University degree in any of the following: civil engineering, environmental engineering, or any related field associated with water supply, sanitation and hygiene behavior change.
- Two year of field experience in WASH field, including emergencies with focus on Sanitation & hygiene activities.
- Previous work experience with NGOs / INGOs
- WASH technical knowledge and experience
- Good understanding of the WASH situation in the Gaza Strip
- Ability to work in a team and under pressure.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments & meet deadlines with willingness to travel to the field independently
- Professional attitude, good social skills, and ability to work in a team.
- Accurate, reliable, open-minded, and a positive attitude.
- Willingness to improve skills and knowledge.
- Valid Driving license with clean record is compulsory.
- Good in written & spoken English/ Arabic with technical report writing
Interested candidates are invited to send a cover letter, CV, and three references (in English) no later than 07/09/2019 to: [email protected] indicating the position (Technical WASH Officer) in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview and written exam.