Technical Specialist - water wells design & construction
Position Title: Technical specialist - water wells design and construction ( Full Time )
Location: Gaza Strip
Report to: program officer/project coordinator
project duration: 4 month
Strat date: AS soon as possible
MA’AN is an independent Palestinian development and training institution established in January, 1989, registered by law as a non-profit organization. The main office is located in Ramallah and the other branch offices are located in Gaza, and Jenin. MA’AN's work is informed by the necessity of creating independent, self-reliant initiatives that lead to the development of human resources for sustainable development, which incorporate values of self-sufficiency and self-empowerment.
Currently, MA’AN has been working on implementing a project of “2018 Humanitarian Response Plan for the West Bank and Gaza-Humanitarian Preparedness and Response to Ensure the Access of Vulnerable Communities in Shokit Al Sofi to Basic WASH Services”. MA’AN Development Center is seeking a competent and highly qualified Technical specialist - water wells design and construction to work in the project. The expected work will be under the direct supervision of MA’AN project coordinator.
The main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Proving technical advice in the water and wells rehabilitation field.
- Participate in the selection of water wells that conform to the project criteria.
- Conduct field visits to identify the required needs and elaborate the BoQs of selected wells.
- Prepare the tender documents including the needed drawings and designs for the selected wells
- Supervise and follow up the implementation of well’s installation activities including (quality control of deliverables, quantities follow up, work documentation and other related tasks)
- Participate in the delivery of the project and ensure that the water well is fully working according to what was designed.
- Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards, plans and specifications.
- Facilitate and coordinate for the field visits requested by the project coordinator
- Preparing progress reports and success stories as requested
- Ensure the proper documentation for the activities close coordination with MA’AN operation team
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Essential Experiences and Competencies:
- Bachelor degree at least from recognized university in related field.
- Five years of professional experience in water and wells rehabilitation and installation sector, preferably with experience in working with NGO's and municipalities
- Proven experience in the preparation of water wells tender BoQs, technical specifications and special conditions and drawings.
- Excellent networking and coordination skills.
- Good level in both Arabic & English language skills.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Advanced computer literacy.
- Ability to work under pressure and within a team.
- Ability to start working immediately.
- Highly organized, reliable attention to details and ability to work independently when needed.
- Integrity and strong identification with MAAN Core Values
Education: at minimum a Bachelor's degree in relevant field (Engineering civil or agriculture, Hydraulics or related). Master's degree and above is preferred.
The interested candidates are requested to send their cover letter and curriculum vitae including the names and contact details for three reference by email to [email protected] no later than 04:00 PM 06 September, 2018
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Applications after deadline will be excluded. Applications not conforming to the conditions will not be considered
Please ensure that you state the title of the post that you are applying for as subject of your email