Technical Specialist solar system design & installation
`Position Title: Technical Specialist solar system design and installation- ( part time 50%)
Location: Gaza Strip
Report to: program officer/project coordinator
project duration: 4 month
Strat date: AS soon as possible
MA’AN is an independent Palestinian development and training institution established in January, 1989, registered by law as a non-profit organization. The main office is located in Ramallah and the other branch offices are located in Gaza, and Jenin. MA’AN's work is informed by the necessity of creating independent, self-reliant initiatives that lead to the development of human resources for sustainable development, which incorporate values of self-sufficiency and self-empowerment.
Currently, MA’AN has been working on implementing a project of “2018 Humanitarian Response Plan for the West Bank and Gaza-Humanitarian Preparedness and Response to Ensure the Access of Vulnerable Communities in Shokit Al Sofi to Basic WASH Services”. MA’AN Development Center is seeking a competent and highly qualified Technical Specialist solar system design and installation to work in the project. The expected work will be under the direct supervision of MA’AN project coordinator.
The main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Prepare BoQs with detailed designs, drawings, and tender documents for 3 wells to operate utilizing PV systems energy
- Conduct field visits and find out other necessary details to meet the specific needs of the installations of PV systems.
- Follow up, supervise and monitor the contractors during the installation of PV system in close coordination with MA’AN operation team
- Check, test, investigate, and approve/reject contractor/supplier samples in close coordination with MA’AN operation team
- Facilitate and coordinate for the field visits requested by the project coordinator
- Preparing progress reports and success stories as requested
- Ensure the proper documentation for the activities close coordination with MA’AN operation team
Essential Experiences and Competencies:
- Proven expertise in the aforementioned topics at least 3 Years.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in implementing solar PV installations projects notably for humanitarian projects
- Proven experience in the preparation of PV systems tender BoQs, technical specifications and special conditions and drawings.
- Familiar with the key characteristics of implementing solar PV installations, including on/off grid-connections, PV panels types, hybrid installations, with /without battery storage, inverters types, cables, switches, mounting structures, etc.
- Highly organized, reliable attention to details and ability to work independently when needed.
- Advanced computer literacy.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure and within a team.
- Ability to start working immediately.
- Integrity and strong identification with MAAN Core Values
Education: at minimum a Bachelor's degree in relevant field. Master's degree and above is preferred.
The interested candidates are requested to send their cover letter and curriculum vitae including the names and contact details for three reference by email to [email protected] no later than 04:00 PM 06 September, 2018
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Applications after deadline will be excluded. Applications not conforming to the conditions will not be considered
Please ensure that you state the title of the post that you are applying for as subject of your email