Première Urgence Internationale is a French non-profit, non-political, non-religious non-governmental international organization (NGO) intervening in more than 20 countries worldwide to provide a global response to the fundamental needs of victims of humanitarian crises from the emergency to the restoration of their autonomy and dignity; and has been operational in the Occupied Palestinian Territory since 2002.
PUI is operating in the West Bank, including East Jerusalem and Gaza Strip. The organization is working in different fields such as shelter, Food security and livelihoods, Agriculture, Heritage, Economic recovery and Cultural Heritage.
PUI’s humanitarian and development aid strategy focuses on providing support to populations affected by the coercive environment and subsequent violations of international humanitarian/human rights law in both the West Bank (WB) and the Gaza Strip (GS). It combines several sectors of intervention to prevent the loss of livelihoods and displacement of populations as a consequence of protection threats, addresses the lack of services (Health, Education, WASH), and the lack of access to agricultural lands or job opportunities.
Under the responsibility of the Consortium Project Manager, the Technical Field Officer Role is to conduct Deep & technical assessment and supervise the implementation of the emergency responses ,protective measures activities and short-term livelihood support activities under the current project in the West Bank.
That mainly – but not exclusively – includes:
- Conducting technical deep assessment for the emergency & protective responses.
- Follow up & monitoring of the material delivery with the supplier and community / beneficiaries and protection Consortium Partners.
- Assessment, Delivery and monitoring after demolition.
Internally, He/she will contribute in reporting, updating the activity follow up tools and work plans.
Externally, she/he will develop the community mobilization, relations with the municipality councils, identification of local partners if relevant, identification of opportunities/vulnerable groups and communities, etc.
In addition, He/she is responsible in alerting the team about any related protection issue/incident occurring in the area of intervention. She/he will ensure that the PUI procedures and regulations are fully respected during the implementation of the livelihood activities.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducting Technical Deep Assessments Related to Protective & Emergency Responses to identify protection needs for affected communities and households.
- Conducting field visits in order to evaluate the feasibility and the technical specifications (etc.) of the potential emergency / protective responses identified that are related to the construction field.
- Cross-check the collected information from different sources (CEWs, VCs, Suppliers, victims, Geographical Partner, CWRC, or other stakeholders).
- Conducting a risk assessment for each proposed response including the formulation of some recommendations for material delivery and installation. (i.e. Area C)
- In cooperation with the database technical officer and other technical officers at PUI, he/she will update the DA-RES database regularly.
- Conducting FGDs to identify the protective measures over the WB.
- In close coordination with the PUI database technical officer, He/she will prepare the documents related to cash assistance requests for emergency responses.
- Being part of the emergency and protective response’s selection committee.
- Coordinating with beneficiaries (BnFs) , the partners of the WB protection consortium and other relevant partners once needed; to ensure the proper implementation of the activities and to ensure providing the supporting docs.
- Supervising and Monitoring the Delivery of the Material in the WB (Emergency & Protective Responses)
- After the validation of the response, request materials from the Log. Department, coordinating with the supplier in cooperation with the logistic officer and BnFs; the delivery of the material.
- To ensure the quality and the quantity of delivered materials
- Coordinating the delivery & installation of the material with the community, victims, suppliers and the consortium Partners.
- Ensuring smooth implementation of delivered material by conducting regular field visits
- Document all activities by collecting and providing all necessary information and taking photos before/after the implementing activity.
- Signing responses related documents from BnFs and relevant PUI colleagues,
- Following Up and Monitoring the livelihood support activity such as olive harvest (OH) Activity (Material Delivery, Contracts & Payments)
- Participating in the committee of identification targeted villages, creating a steering committee.
- Design the type of support for each HH, deliver the required materials, and documentation and prepare the needed contracts.
- Archiving the signed docs,
- In coordination with the database technical officer and the field technical assistant at PUI, he/she contributes to supervising the compilation, cleaning, coding, and archiving of all documentation related to the provided assistance, both in physical and digital forms.
WORKS IN COORDINATION WITH
- WB Field Coordinator
- Operation Team
- Partners Field Officers
- M&E Department
- Logistics & Administrative officers
This position is based in PUI’s office in Ramallah with at least 70% of the working time spent on the field. Travel to North / South of the West Bank is expected to support the field team operations.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor degree preferably in the field of Civil Engineering, Agriculture studies, Agronomist, WASH or related field.
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant working experience in related fields Project
- Project management certificate is preferred.
- Valid and clean driving license.
- Very good knowledge of the West Bank villages and ability of movement in the field.
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English.
- Professionalism, presentation, communication and networking skills.
- Ability to work independently while taking initiatives and showing a sense of responsibility
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work with various partners, in a spirit of openness, and with adaptable communications strategies.
- Ability to write reports and follow-up execution of projects’ activities.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Sense of diplomacy
- Dynamic team player.
- Computer skills, in particular MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Project, and the Internet.
- Jerusalem ID would be considered as an asset.
PUI provides a work environment that reflects the values of integrity, diversity and gender equality. Therefore, we strongly encourage applications from women and underrepresented cultural or social groups, particularly people with disabilities and people from communities highly affected by occupation-related violence (including settler violence).
All PUI workers adhere to the values and principles outlined in the PUI Code of Conduct and policies, including the Protection from Exploitation and Abuse Policy and the Child Protection Policy.”
If you believe you are the candidate we are looking for, please fill in the form in the link below:
In addition, please submit a cover letter and a detailed resume before October 09, 2023 by sending an e-mail to [email protected]. Please indicate the Position Title you are applying for "Technical Officer" in the E-mail subject line.
Incomplete applications or Unfilled Forms will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.