Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
With the More Job Opportunities for Palestinian Youth Programme; GIZ aims at increasing the employment opportunities for youth and young adults after completion of market-oriented training. The Short-Term Courses component offering market-oriented measures targeting marginalized youth in West Bank and Gaza. The component is implemented in close partnership with private sector associations (Chambers and unions), and community-based organizations.
In order to support the program “More Job Opportunities for Palestinian Youth, the Short-Term Courses Component”, we are looking for a 100% full time position based in Ramallah Office as:
Tasks and Functions include but are not limited to:
- Assist the Short-Term Courses (STC) head of component in implementing STC measures and develop the operational plan to fulfill the indicators.
- Participate in the identification and preparation of new proposals for short term courses component and take part as member of evaluations committee of submitted proposals and ensure proper documentation of the evaluation process.
- Develop innovative approaches support the implementation STC-component; through desk search, brainstorming with stakeholders… etc.
- Coordinating, preparing, conducting and monitoring the project activities in the fields of PSO capacity building and on the implementations of their proposals and carries out other activities required for fulfilling the project indicators.
- Jointly responsible with the partner institution for preparing, implementing and documenting training events, workshops, team meetings and other project activities.
- Support building the capacities for PSO on Proposal writing, financial planning and other capacity building measures.
- Advise the partner organizations in the implementation of their proposals and ensure proper tracking of their financial planning.
- Ensure the fulfilments of contracts and submission of all the relevant files and reports from partner for the implementation of different projects on time and according to GIZ regulations.
- Maintain a good flow of communication and information between all involved institutions and counterparts.
- Support the PR advisor in developing suitable communication instruments for PR and marketing of project activities in coordination with STC team members and the partners.
- Organize the component events (meetings/workshops/trainings) with different stakeholder and ensure proper documentation of these events.
- Conduct field visits to ensure the quality of ongoing trainings in different governorates.
- Assist the head of component in developing the cash flow of the STC activities.
- Ensure proper documentation/archiving of all component documents on DMS, and other archiving systems.
- Regularly reporting to the programme management.
- Represent the MJO in GIZ working groups and networks.
- Supporting the overall procurement process for services and goods in line with the GIZ’s rules and regulations, incl. developing ToRs, obtaining offers and support the conclusion of contracts and purchase orders.
Monitoring & Evaluation of the STC component
- Supervise regular project data collection (quantitative and qualitative data) through implementing partners and ensure quality of the data.
- Develop the STC trainings/projects monitoring plan and ensure on time tracing process for all trainings.
- Maintain the project status pages on Excel info Project sheet (or whatever system the DV decides on) with milestones, deliverables, progress reports, payments…etc.
- Obtaining deliverables, respect for deadlines and milestones for each running contract, and ensure the quality of these deliverables.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, engineering or any equivalent studies.
- Minimum of 4 to 5 years of International cooperation relevant occupational experience. Knowledge in vocational education and training is an asset.
- Fluency in Arabic and English (speaking, writing and reading)
- Knowledge about distance learning and digital tools.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
- Creative, innovative, independent, energetic, communication and public relations skills.
- Fast learner and team player.
Assignment: Starting 1st of July 2020.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address: [email protected], which includes applicant information form, CV and cover letter, no later than 20th May 2020.
Kindly state in the email subject “Technical Officer – MJO”. Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Attachment GIZ applicant information form