PREMIERE-URGENCE INTERNATIONAL (PUI) is an international, apolitical, non-religious and non-profit French organization intervening in 20 countries worldwide to provide a global response on the fundamental needs to victims of humanitarian crisis from the emergency to the restoration of their autonomy and dignity. Première-Urgence and Aide Médicale Internationale merged in 2011 to offer a better range of lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to communities affected by humanitarian crisis.
PUI’s humanitarian and development aid strategy focuses on providing support to populations affected by the coercive environment and subsequent violations of IHL/HR in both the West Bank (WB) and the Gaza Strip (GS). It combined several sectors to prevent the loss of livelihoods and displacements of population as a consequence of protection threats, lack of services (Health, Education, WASH), and lack of access to agricultural lands or job opportunities.
Under the responsibility of the Consortium Project Manager, the South West Bank Technical Field Officer Role is to conduct Deep & technical assessment and supervise the implementation of the emergency and protective measures under the current project in the South of West Bank.
That mainly – but not exclusively – includes:
- Conducting technical deep assessment for the emergency & protective responses.
- Follow up & monitoring of the material delivery with the supplier and community / beneficiaries and protection Consortium Partners.
- Assessment, Delivery and monitoring after demolition.
Internally, He/she will contribute in reporting, updating the activity follow up tools and work plans.
Externally, she/he will develop the community mobilization, relations with the municipality councils, identification of local partners if relevant, identification of opportunities/vulnerable groups and communities, etc.
In addition, He/she is responsible in alerting the team about any related protection issue/incident occurring in the area of intervention. She/he will ensure that the PUI procedures and regulations are fully respected during the implementation of the livelihood activities.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Conducting Technical Deep Assessments Related to Protective & Emergency Responses.
- Conducting field visit in order to evaluate the feasibility and the technical specifications (etc.) of the potential emergency / protective responses identified that are related to construction field.
- Cross check the collected information from different sources (CEW, VC, Suppliers, victims, Geographical Partner, CWRC or other stakeholders).
- Conducting a risk assessment for each proposed response including the formulation of some recommendation of material delivery and installation (i.e. Area C).
- Updating the deep assessment with the technical specifications and budget according to the ongoing tender & updating the database accordingly.
- Conducting FGD to identify the protective measures in the South of the WB.
- Request cash assistance for emergency responses.
- Being part of the emergency and protective response’s selection committee.
- Coordinating with partners in the south on daily basis to ensure the proper implementation for the activities and to check the needed supporting documents to proceed with the response.
- Supervising and Monitoring the Delivery of the Material in the South (Emergency & Protective Responses)
- After the validation of the response, request materials from the Log. Department, coordinating with the supplier in cooperation with the logistic assistant (mainly construction supplier) the delivery of the material.
- To ensure delivery of the needed material based on the bill of quantities.
- Coordinating the delivery & installation of the material with the community, victims, suppliers and the consortium Partners.
- Monitoring the smooth implementation of the materials by conducting regular field visit and writing relevant reports.
- Document all activities by collecting and providing all necessary information and taking photos before/after the activity.
- Assessment and Monitoring After Demolition
According to humanitarian needs on the ground, PUI staff south can be used also to support the response on demolition, as following:
- Conducts demolition assessment, demolition response and 1st monitoring of the response after demolition incident.
- Follow up sending all the related documents to ACTED.
- Follow Up and Monitoring the livelihood support activity such as olive harvest (OH) Activity (Material Delivery, Contracts & Payments)
- Participating in the committee of identification targeted villages, creating steering committee.
- Design the type of support for each HH, delivery the required materials, documentation and preparing the needed contracts.
Reports to: Protection Consortium project Manager.
Works in Coordination with:
- WB Field Coordinator
- Operation Team
- Partners Field Officers
- M&E Department
- Logistics & Administrative Assistant.
This position is based in ACTED’s office in Hebron in South with at least 70% of the working time spent on the field.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Bachelor degree preferably in the field of Civil Engineering, Agriculture studies, Agronomist, WASH or related field.
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant working experience in related fields Project
- Project management certificate is preferred.
- Valid and clean driving license.
Required personal characteristics:
- Very good knowledge of South West Bank villages and ability of movement in the field.
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English.
- Professionalism, presentation, communication and networking skills.
- Ability to work independently while taking initiatives and showing a sense of responsibility
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work with various partners, in a spirit of openness, and with adaptable communications strategies.
- Ability to write reports and follow-up execution of projects’ activities.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Sense of diplomacy
- Dynamic team player.
- Computer skills, in particular MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Project and the Internet.
PUI provides a work environment that reflects the values of integrity, diversity and gender equality. Therefore, we strongly encourage applications from women and underrepresented cultural or social groups.
If you believe you are the candidate we are looking for, please submit a cover letter and a detailed resume before 7th of March 2019, by sending an email to: [email protected]. Please indicate the Position Title in the E-mail subject line.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.