Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
GIZ has been commissioned by the German Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) to implement the Programm - Facilitating Social Participation of Palestinian Refugees (FASPAR)
In order to support the Programme Team at Ramallah GIZ office, we are looking for a Technical Intern.
Tasks and Functions include but are not limited to:
- Coordinates and assists in preparing and conducting program activities
- Provides translation of documents related to the program (English-Arabic and vice versa).
- Assisting with general project activities including preparation, organization, evaluation and documentation of workshops.
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management
- Support the FASPAR in assessing project impact and measuring programme indicator.
- Support the team in the running Local Subsidies and projects with direct implementation.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Enrolled student or recent graduate in Political Science, Social Science or related field.
- Background in project management is a plus.
- Fluent in English and Arabic.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fast learner and team player
- Ability to work under stressful conditions, self-initiator, flexible and able to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed with people.
- Familiar with marginalized communities and refugee camps.
Assignment: Starting 15th of September 2018. 3 months.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer, and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address: [email protected], which includes the attached applicant information form, the CV and cover letter, no later than 19th Aug 2018.
Kindly state in the email subject “Technical Intern - FASPAR”. Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.