Position Title: Technical Coordinator
Period: 12 months extendable
Line Manager: Projects & Programs Coordinator.
Starting Date: ASAP
The Project Coordinator role is to support the implementation of Developing and upgrading of two agricultural farms for enhancing the resilience of the Gaza strip population Project. This project is funded by GIZ and will be implemented in partnership with PHG and other community-based organizations and leading community groups. Primary responsibilities will be focused on design action and work plans and on-site supervision of activities and interventions. It is expected that the candidate will be fully engaged in the technical part of the project including but is not limited to the design and the development of the typical/ideal farm, the selection of cooperatives and farmers’ clusters, producing technical reports, and coordinating with partners and stakeholders at different levels mainly vendors and relevant organizations/bodies.
- Conduct continuous assessments and regular revision analysis, as well as lead the development and the implementation of the project main component namely the establishment of the typical farms including the selection of cooperatives partners and farmers’ clusters.
- Determine resource requirements (including human resources, software, hardware, and facilities) of projects, based on project specifications.
- Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project.
- Conducting technical supervision, follow up and implementation of project's activities in close cooperation with counterparts and relevant partners’ human resources and technical staff.
- Conduct meetings with local community representatives in cooperation with an agronomist to identify and select beneficiaries as well as completing / conducting the technical needs assessment for each case.
- Develop the necessary administrative procedures to effectively achieve project deliverables and outcomes.
- Plan and conduct regular field visits to ensure proper activities implementation on the ground.
- Prepare periodical reports as requested by PARC and donor in consultation with the Programs manager and other line manager.
- Assist the finance department in preparing periodic financial documents, reports as well ad budget tracking and revision.
- Assist the Monitoring and Evaluating officer in the design of the monitoring and evaluation tools and techniques as well as support the data collection, entry and analysis as requested by the M and E department (Required on measuring and achieving the project objectives and outcomes.
- Document all activities of the project and maintain an efficient project filing system including all project related documents.
- Participate in the representation of PARC in workshops, conferences or seminars commissioned by Program manager and the department coordinator.
- Perform any other tasks related.
Validate practical work plans along with contractors to complete the project main components and interventions in a timely manner ensuring a timely
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Education / Experience / Language requirements:
- First level university degree in Management, Engineering or related subject.
- Minimum of 6 years of work experience in Agriculture and the Green economy is required.
- Knowledge of Palestinian Agriculture Sector and the Gaza Strip Context.
- Be an extremely hard worker capable to dedicate themselves full-time to the effort in a dynamic, and energetic start-up environment and culture.
- Be innovative and independent, requiring minimal supervision in accomplishing tasks, identifying new essential ones, and developing creative solutions to perceived insurmountable problems.
- Be open-minded and flexible but understand and believe in principles of accountability, punctuality and responsibility.
- Have very good computer skills in MS office.
- Good command of English language (Reading, Writing and conversation).
- Good communication skills, -Strong personality, Team work and ability to work under pressure.
- Have very good Report writing
- Strong personality, Team work and ability to work under pressure.
Starting date: ASAP
Application: Qualified candidates with relevant education and experience are encouraged to send their CV's with a cover letter no later than Sunday 17th November 2019.
For more information about the employment opportunity and to apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة
Only the short listed candidates will be considered and informed of the recruitment process.