Technical Advisor I - (Health Care Facility Coordinator)
Job Title: Technical Advisor I - (Health Care Facility Coordinator)
Department: Program Team
Reports To: Program Manager
Location: West Bank (Ramallah preferred)
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
CRS has been present in Jerusalem, West Bank, and Gaza (JWBG) since 1961 and currently supports programs in the sectors of health, humanitarian relief, livelihoods, civil society strengthening, and social justice promotion through its offices in Jerusalem, the West Bank, and Gaza. For further information about CRS, please visit: www.crs.org.
CRS is working to mitigate the spread and impact of COVID-19 in Gaza and the West Bank. The program has two key components: 1) supporting health facilities to provide safe essential health care during COVID-19; and 2) supporting vulnerable households to practice safe behaviors that reduce the spread of COVID-19. CRS is working in close coordination with the Ministry of Health of the Palestinian Authority and the Health Cluster on this response.
The Technical Advisor I - (Health Care Facility Coordinator) will provide oversight of relationships and activities with the Ministry of Health (MoH) Healthcare Facilities (HCF) for COVID-19 programming in line with Catholic Relief Services (CRS) program quality principles and standards, donor guidelines, and industry best practices, to advance the delivery of high-quality programming to the poor and vulnerable. This position is based in the West Bank, with Ramallah as the preferred location.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Maintain relationships, information sharing, and progress toward project activities among MoH-administered HCF in the West Bank.
- Coordinate with Administrators and senior medical staff at MoH HCF and with other key counterparts within the PA MoH central level, including the Central Store, the Quality Assurance team, bio-medical engineers, and Directors.
- Support capacity strengthening initiatives for targeted Healthcare Facilities (HCFs).
- Coordinate with WHO, UNICEF, and other relevant national actors on technical aspects of the response.
- Collect and analyze program data, capture and share lessons learned and best practices for the project to facilitate improvements in decision-making and contribute to learning.
- Support the process of preparation, design and implementation of COVID-19 supports for Ministry of Health (MoH) Healthcare Facilities (HCF). Advise project teams on integrating donor strategies, priorities and technical requirements into CRS’ approach.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required in a related field; a Master's Degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum of five years relevant work experience with progressive responsibilities, ideally with an international organization, with minimum of two years relevant field-based experience in health system coordination.
- Knowledge of technical principles and concepts in IPC preferred. General knowledge of other related disciplines to ensure proper cross-sectoral approach.
- Experience in project design and proposal development a plus.
- Knowledge of capacity strengthening best practices.
- Experience with program monitoring and evaluation and analysis.
- Experience and skills in networking and relations with donors, peer organizations, and government and civil society partners. Understanding of partnership principles.
Required Languages – English and Arabic fluency required.
Travel Required- The position is based in Ramallah, with approximately 50% travel to project sites across the West Bank. Travel outside West Bank is not anticipated.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong relationship management skills with ability to influence and get buy-in from people not under direct supervision
- Good strategic, analytical, problem-solving and systems thinking skills with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment
- Good technical writing skills
- Presentation, facilitation, training, mentoring, and coaching skills
- Proactive, resourceful and results-oriented
- Proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Supervisory Responsibilities (if none, state none)
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Emergency Director, IPC Technical Advisor, Head of Programs.
External: MoH of the PA, HCF, Health Cluster, peer agencies.
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
المسمى الوظيفي Technical Advisor I - (Health Care Facility Coordinator)
آخر موعد للتقديم 08 - Mar - 2021
المكان رام الله والبيرة
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 5 Years
Interested candidates with relevant education and work experience are invited to complete an application which addresses the positions requirements. In order to be considered for the position, candidates must submit both a CV and a cover letter, in English. Applications which fail to meet these requirements will not be considered. Applications must be submitted online at jobs.crsjwbg.org and will be reviewed on a rolling basis. This posting will remain open until filled, however, submission by Monday, March 8, 2021 is strongly advised.
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة Catholic Relief Services خدمات الاغاثة الكاثوليكية
Family Engagement Specialist
(IPC) Technical Advisor
Supply Chain Monitoring Officer
Special Education Therapist
Field Officer (COVID-19 Response)