Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
The programme “Local Governance Reform Programme III (LGRP III)” aims at strengthening local authorities’ performance in service delivery. LGRP III is implemented in close cooperation with the Ministry of Local Government (MoLG), the Municipal Development and Lending Fund (MDLF), the Association of Palestinian Local Authorities (APLA), and additional partners at national and local level.
To support our work in the field of accountability and transparency in Gaza strip, we are looking for:
“Technical Advisor - Gaza”
Tasks and Functions include, but are not limited to:
- Manage work packages related to (social) accountability, transparency, and participation in Gaza strip, including conceptualization, planning, budgeting, implementation, monitoring and reporting, in line with LGRP III objectives and GIZ principles and approaches.
- Design and implement capacity development measures for partners and beneficiaries, according to the overall Capacity Development Strategy of LGRP III.
- Providing support and advice to the elaboration, planning and management of other key work packages, specifically in Gaza strip as well as work packages related to (social) accountability, transparency, and participation in West Bank.
- Liase and coordinate with relevant civil society actors in the field of (social) accountability, participation, and transparency of LGU actions, including but not limited to effective inclusion of marginalized groups.
- Advise and support LGRP III management on coordination and relationship management with key stakeholders related to the topic of accountability, participation, and transparency.
- Monitor progress and report regularly on status of implementation; document and promote successes and lessons learned.
- Foster innovations and enable institutional learning within the local government sector.
- Contributing to the overall monitoring, learning and knowledge management.
- Performing other duties and tasks at the request of management.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required qualifications, competencies, and experiences:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in an area related to public administration, political sciences, community development, or similar.
- At least 5 years of work experience in local governance and/or civil society sector, in particular in topics of citizen-state-relations, accountability, transparency, inclusion of marginalized groups.
- Good knowledge of stakeholders and reforms in local government sector in Palestine, specifically Gaza strip, including regulatory framework and systems as well as practices in the field of accountability and community engagement at local level.
- Good overview on concepts, themes, tools, and approaches related to promotion of accountability, transparency, community mobilization and engagement, Human Rights-based Approach.
- Good knowledge of processes and procedures of Palestinian LGUs
- Strong communication (written and oral) and networking skills in diverse cooperation systems, strong ability for teamwork.
- Strong ability to act in a highly sensitive political context.
- Good knowledge of the system of the German Development Cooperation is an advantage.
- Good knowledge of procurement and contracting procedures of GIZ is an advantage.
- Fluent knowledge of Arabic and English (German is a plus).
- Ability to work in complex environment and under stressful conditions, self-initiator, flexible and able to work with people of different backgrounds, service oriented, friendly personality, well organized and motivated.
Assignment: Starting 1st of April 2023, contract till 03/2026
As an equal opportunity employer, GIZ stands for inclusion and diversity and does not discriminate against applicants for employment because of their gender, disability, age, religion, or ethnic origin. GIZ offers an attractive and challenging work environment with opportunities for personal and professional development.
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address: [email protected], which includes the Applicant information form, CV, and a one-page cover letter, no later than 13th of March 2023 at the latest 12:00 PM.
Kindly state in the email subject “Technical Advisor Gaza - LGRP”. Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Attachment GIZ applicant information form