Our Ideal Candidate:
NRC is actively seeking an experienced Support Manager to develop and enhance the existing systems related to financial, HR, Logistics and IT within the Gaza Area Office operations. This role will periodically deputize the Area Manager for Gaza so comfort operating in a senior-leadership role is key.
Our ideal candidate will be a senior manager with proven ability to inspire and lead diverse teams. They will have a Minimum 4 years’ experience in a similar management position in a humanitarian/recovery context and a university degree, preferably in business or finance.
We are particularly looking for a professional with a strong knowledge of support functions, including HR, finance, logistics and ICT. Experience in budget management is vital and experience managing budgets with INGOs is highly preferred.
They are a strategic thinker and a supportive leader who can empower their teams and build trust within the organization. They are also a flexible and adaptive individual who can respond quickly to changing circumstances.
Role and Responsibilities
The purpose of the Support Manager position is to ensure that all support functions provide effective and efficient support to programme implementation. The Support Manager is the technical reference person for all support functions and is also fully responsible them. They work autonomously and in close cooperation with the Area Manager (AM) and can be able to act for the AM in his/her absence. The following is a brief description of the role:
Generic responsibilities for this position include:
- Line management for support staff such as Finance, HR & Admin and Logistics/ICT
- Member of the Area Management Group
- Compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and handbooks and donor/auditor requirements
- Provide input on operational support to the Area Plan of Action, and to coordinate and align operational support with programme plans at Area level
- Responsible for ensuring quality support to project implementation
- Facilitate Area Support Budget, area level budgets, including support cost
- Responsible for developing regular reports on Area level to Country Office and AM
- Responsible for implementation of new country specific technical SOPs, guidelines and tools in Area (HR, Logistic/ICT and Finance)
- Facilitate trainings for programme staff on finance, logistics and HR procedures
- Responsible for technical capacity building of support staff (HR, Logistic/ICT and Finance)
More specifically, this position will:
- Provide advisory and guidance on the design of projects and strategy processes
- Ensure that all staff are familiar with, and follow, NRC rules, regulations, routines, procedures and SOPs
- Lead duty of care and staff welfare initiatives
- Advise on personnel issues and support in disciplinary measures, investigations and actions as required.
- Responsible for timely monthly closure and posting of monthly expenditure and office year end routines
- Track donor reporting deadlines and ensure all commitments to donors are met
- Ensure procurement plans are developed for all grants
- Ensure workforce planning is developed in coordination with relevant stakeholders
- Ensure spending plans are regularly updated and coordinated with program staff
- Liaise with external stakeholders, as delegated by the Area Manager
- Drive capacity building within teams in the area especially with new tools, changes and initiatives implementation
- Take on acting responsibilities in Area Manager’s absence as delegated by the Area Manager.
- Undertake any other reasonable task assigned by management
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة