The post holder will lead the Supply Chain function in the field office according to SCI policies and procedures in close technical coordination with Supply Chain in the Country Office (CO). This position is responsible for effective supply chain support to programme implementation and field office operations according to the threshold of the Scheme of Delegation (SOD) of the Field Office (FO) and maintaining compliance with record keeping and reporting as per the system requirements.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- Bachelor degree in logistics, supply chain, business administration, or any other related fields.
- At least three years prior INGO experience in Supply Chain and/or operational management, within a complex/large scale country programme and in emergency response/humanitarian environments.
- Substantial experience in all technical areas of Supply Chain operations including procurement, logistics, transport/distribution, warehousing and stock management, fleet management, asset management,
- Experience of developing / implementing a complex international supply chain to support different types of programs, and coordinating resources to meet the programme objectives
- Experience of working in remote field bases with limited infrastructure
- Proven track-record in managing and supervising others in supply chain, including training, capacity building & mentoring
- Ability to synthesize and analyze complex information, and make clear, informed decisions
- Experience of advising and supporting others at all levels with supply chain aspects of a programmeme, including strategic thinking, planning & donor relations
- Ability to build positive & productive relationships quickly with a wide range of stakeholders, both internally and externally
- Excellent planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organize a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities
- Strong communication (written and spoken), and interpersonal skills in English with experience in managing multicultural teams
Save the Children works in development and humanitarian contexts with children and partners to help families, communities, and governments identify and use innovations to ensure all children survive, learn and are protected.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.