General Description of PACES
In response to the difficult circumstances in which the Palestinian children live, the Palestinian Association for Children's Encouragement of Sports - PACES - was founded in June of 2006 with the central aim of providing sports programs for Palestinian girls and boys, and creating sanctuaries that are both healthy and fun, and to contribute to the overall development of the communities involved.
General Description of the Role:
The Supervisor for the Basketball program works directly under the guidance of the Sports Development Director to develop and maintain a cohesive basketball program that projects PACES’ goals and objectives. The supervisor is responsible for identifying basketball teams within the local sports clubs and for designing, planning, and implementing comprehensive workshops that address the needs of the Basketball coaches.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare a strategic plan for the basketball program and follow up on its progress.
- Develop a model for the basketball training programs as per the targeted age groups and gender.
- Design tests to evaluate the progress of the performance of those participating within our basketball program.
- Perform scheduled field visits to the participating clubs and teams.
- Plan scheduled field visits to assist the Sports Development Coordinators in all regions and submit weekly reports and recommendations pursuing these visits.
- Collect, calculate and analyze statistical data related to the program technical activities and follow up on the training and rehabilitation program specific to the technical team.
- Provide proposals for specific activities to be performed between the basketball clubs, including the mechanism, implementation and follow-up.
- Supervise the training and rehabilitation of the qualified teams chosen to represent PACES in international and local tournaments.
- Submit periodic progress and findings reports (bi-weekly, weekly, and monthly) regarding the work of the Sport Development Coordinators and coaches in the clubs.
- Suggest on ways, tools, means and techniques to improve basketball program in Palestine.
- Represent PACES in meetings and any other issues related to basketball.
- Determine the needs for all groups including children, coaches and assistant coaches for planned sports activates (clothes, equipment … etc.)
- Any other tasks assign by the direct supervisor.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- At least a Bachelor's Degree in Physical Education or a relevant field from a recognized university.
- Must be of good behavior and conduct.
- Must be between 30 – 45 years old.
- Must have practical and functional experience in the game of Basketball; either as a player, coach or referee.
- Must be physically healthy and fit.
- Must be specialized in basketball game and have good knowledge of football game
- Proven track record of working on sports programs for children is a must.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written, oral, cross-cultural).
- Strong representational skills.
- Must be able to read, write and converse in English.
- Have a valid, clean driving license.
- Proven report writing skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (specifically Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Preferably resident of Ramallah /Al Bireh Governorate
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. PACES reserve the right to change this document whenever it is necessary.
Interested candidates are invited to send a cover letter, CV, and three references (in English) no later than 13 September 2018 to [email protected] indicating the vacant position (Sports Development Supervisor - Basketball) in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.