TOR – Program Officer – South Region, Palestine
Job Title: Program Officer – South Region, Palestine
Job Location: Between South area in West Bank, and Ramallah
Start Date Required: Immediate
General Description of PACES:
PACES is a UK based charity established in 2006, with the aim of providing healthy, structured after-school sports programs for Palestinian girls and boys ages 8-16 years living in refugee camps and most marginalized areas in Palestine, Jordan, and Lebanon. Through its core sports for development program, PACES provides children with multiple educational benefits to help them thrive in their own communities. PACES also builds local capacity by training and hiring leaders in the local communities as coaches to deliver the sports programs, and partnering with local clubs and sports centers to facilitate the outreach and delivery of the program.
Since establishment, PACES has served over 30,000 children, 2,000 young female and male coaches, and over 100 local sports clubs. All PACES programs promote gender equality, and have successfully reached and maintained a 50% female participation rate.
PACES is an equal opportunities employer, and prohibits any distinction or discrimination based on nationality, race, ethnicity, tribe, gender, religious beliefs, political opinion, socio-economic status or disability. This policy applies to all HR practices within the organization. Hiring decisions are based only on qualifications, merit, and organizational needs.
General Description of the Role:
The Program Officer is responsible for the planning and management of PACES’ ongoing programs and activities in the South area of the West Bank (Hebron and Bethlehem). S/he will play an essential part in the success of the PACES program along with other members of the team in Palestine and the region. The work will mainly focus on proper planning and implementation of the program and its components, followed by monitoring and reporting.
Reporting to PACES Country Manager – Palestine, the Program Officer will work with PACES’ partners and other local organizations to coordinate and facilitate activities that serve PACES’ beneficiaries.
The Program Officer will be accountable for ensuring that all activities are implemented in adherence with PACES’ standard policies and procedures, and Code of Conduct.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Represent PACES in South West Bank (Hebron and Bethlehem).
- Contribute to the yearly Palestine program plan.
- Prepare and update monthly work plans and budgets for PACES activities and monitor their progress to completion.
- Prepare and present periodic reports, including weekly and monthly progress reports, M&E reports, and financial reports, and ensure all reports are accurate and comprehensive.
- Plan and implement a schedule of field visits to ensure proper implementation of activities in coordination with other program team members.
- Conduct M&E tasks for the activities, such as (general evaluation, pre and post-assessments, and year-end program evaluation) and others as set by the M&E manager.
- Analyze M&E data collected from the field visits to report progress and recommendations.
- Prepare expense sheets for the program activities, within set parameters the processes
- Manage communication between program beneficiaries in the supervised area and PACES.
- Assist in developing training material required to enhance capacities of program beneficiaries.
- Coordinate and deliver workshops and training sessions to program beneficiaries.
- Maintain records and database of beneficiaries and other program-related information as requested.
- Work closely with and provide support to other program team members.
- Participate and represent PACES in meetings, events, training courses, and others.
- Reach out and identify new possible partnerships in targeted areas.
- Manage relationship with partners, consultants, or third-party service providers on specific projects when needed.
- Regular knowledge sharing with regional team members related to Palestine program results
- Work closely with the communication team on providing visual and narrative content.
- Supervise interns and volunteers
- Ensure all human resource/administrative procedures are according to the PACES compliance system
- Ensure that PACES’ policies, systems, procedures and guidelines are implemented
- Ensure program key information and data is kept safely
- Carry out any other duties as requested by the Country Manager
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. PACES reserve the right to change this document whenever it is necessary.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree in social or economic sciences, business administration, management, or a related field.
- At least four years of experience in the development sector. Experience in the sports for development sector is a plus.
- Fluency in Arabic and English, spoken and written.
- Demonstrated ability to write reports in Arabic and English.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written, oral, cross-cultural).
- Strong database management skills.
- Strong management and leadership skills.
- Strong networking and representational skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrate ability to adapt to different environments and flexible work setups, and thrive in team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written, oral, cross-cultural).
- Strong presentation skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (specifically Outlook, Word and Excel).
- Ability to travel abroad.
A valid driving license is a plus
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to send a cover letter and CV to [email protected] no later than Sunday, 22nd January 2023, indicating the position title (Program Officer - South) in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.