Position Title: Soft-skills Trainer - (Full time 100%)
Place: El Amal Rehabilitation Society – Rafah
Reports To: Project Manager (PM)
Period: 12 months with possible extension
El Amal Rehabilitation Society – Rafah (ERSR) is a civil non-profit organization established in 1991 with Ministry of Interior registration number 5058. Our society is NGO leader working with distinction in the field of development, education, health, culture, training and rehabilitation in order to ensure a better life for marginalized groups, especially the deaf and enhance their capabilities based on qualified professional that use better techniques to build a generation capable of contributing to the building society , it also aspire to distinctive and active participation in building a civil society in which deaf people enjoy full rights in the Palestinian society .
El Amal in partnership with Catholic Relief Services “CRS” will start a program entitled “SALALEM: Prosperity and Advancement for Palestinian Women and Youth”, GAC-funded program. Salalem is a gender-transformative project which seeks to increase the agency of young women and youth with disabilities in Gaza and the West Bank through skills training for employment. In the ‘Leadership Institute’ participants will gain critical life skills and participate in experiential (on-the-job) learning, all whilst building professional networks. Simultaneously, the project aims to reduce barriers to workforce participation by increasing buy-in from participant’s families, improving the accessibility of workplaces, and promoting community acceptance. By improving skills and decreasing barriers, young women and youth with disabilities will improve learning outcomes, better enabling them to enter and remain in the workforce.
El Amal is seeking is qualified and experienced soft skills trainer to implement the Interpersonal skills Trainings , it will strengthen the soft skills of university and vocational institute graduates who will participate in the project two tracks .The training will help prepare them to be as effective and professional as possible in seeking longer-term and stable employment following the internship or apprenticeship placement. Training should cover the following main topics:
- Communication skills: Sub-topics: professional communication, listening skills, negotiation skills, coordination and networking, presentation skills, problem solving.
- Management skills: Sub-topics: planning and organizing, time management, teamwork, business etiquette and ethics, reporting and feedback.
- Each training course will last for 10 full days (4 training hours) and will target 25 participants. In total 4 training courses will be implemented targeting 80 YW & YWD during 2020.
- Responsible for operationalizing the Leadership Institute curriculum and designing and leading life skills trainings.
- Determine and Identify the target group form YW & YWD for training course that suits its different characteristics.
- Coordinate with the target group for the training date.
- Preparing the training agenda according to the topics presented
- Schedule the training days according to the topics to be covered.
- Design the training from by coordination with the project coordinator.
- Implementing the training sessions through 10 days.
- Follow up the daily attendance sheet of the trainees.
- Monitor and monitor the progress of the target group for training during the days
- Documenting the activities and training carried out through photographs.
- Prepare daily report that depend on the effectiveness and participation on the training.
- Preparing final technical report related to the project activities.
- Ensure documentation of the trainings and their outputs.
- And other tasks as needed.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Academic and Professional Qualifications and Experience:
- A relevant university degree (MA degree is preferable) in a relevant disciple of the subject training courses, with three years’ experience in TVET education and/or relevant field.
- Proven track records of similar assignments and ability to provide references as support.
- High level of tutoring/training/instructing skills.
- Proficient in interactive and practical teaching methodology skills.
- Excellent knowledge and understating of the Gaza TVET sector and market, problems, constraints, options, etc.
- Good writing and communication skills in both English and Arabic;
- Proven ability to multi-task and meet deadlines;
- Proven ability to develop progress reports;
- Proficiency in computer applications (MS Word, Excel);
- Demonstrated strengths in relationship management; able to work with diverse groups of people in multicultural, team-oriented environment.
- Understands and works with local contexts (operational and cultural).
How to Apply:
- Qualified candidates can submit the following documents to: [email protected]
- Cover Letter (ca. 200 words)
- The most recent CV including 3 professional contacts as references.
Kindly indicate the job title in the subject line of the email e.g. Soft-skills Trainer
Deadline for submitting applications 14/05/2020, no later than 02:00 p.m.
El Amal Rehabilitation Society – Rafah is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people with disabilities, and other underrepresented or minority populations are encouraged to apply and to seek ERS support on the application process where additional accommodation is required.