Open Recruitment / Daily Worker Pool
Doctors Without Borders / Médecins Sans Frontières France
No16/2020 POOL OF SOCIAL WORKERS -Gaza Project
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
Carry out all social-related activities, in order to ease the patient’s situation, to maximize his/her adherence to treatment and to improve his/her psychosocial condition.
Place of work: Outpatient Departments and In Patient Department (OPDs and IPD)
Starting date: 10/01/2021
No Of Jobs : Pool of Daily Workers
Working Hours: 08:00 - 16:30
Job Shift: Sunday to Thursday from 8 am to 16:30 pm
Contract Duration: No contract. Daily work upon need
Required Travel: Not Required but some flexibility may be asked for operational purposes rarely
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify social needs of patients through a social assessment. Respond to the patient’s social needs, according to the scope of the project, by giving direct social support (as transport, food, legal advice,…) and/or refer to other social actors, in order to actively contribute to the improvement of their quality of living.
- Contact patients to follow up the evolution of their condition when needed (home visits, defaulter tracing)
- Participate in the creation of any material needed for the activities of social workers. Take care of social services facilities, materials and equipment in order to ensure continuity.
- Mapping and regular update of social partners, local authorities, other NGOs, and governmental social services in order to improve social services scope and responsiveness.
- Keep records, statistic and files updated, reporting any social activity, in order to prioritize and develop appropriate programs or projects.
- Provide the First Individual Assessment of patient’s needs.
- Take the parent’s authorization for minors.
- Perform initial assessment of the stressors, signs of mental health problems, (S)GBV, CP issues, substance misuse, social risk factors.
- Be aware of the medical situation/status of the patients.
- Organize and implement the referral pathways and follow up of the patients to the external actors according to their social needs.
- Facilitate the interaction between patients and other MSF staff, when it is needed.
- Provide follow up assessment and social support for the pain management patients, patients within ortho- and osteomyelitis clinics.
- Participate in the case management within the multidisciplinary approach.
- Plan, organize and technically support the work of the peer-counsellor for the trauma patients.
- Provide guidance in sphere of social support and referral pathways.
- Provide first psychological help to patients, when needed.
- Support and prepare the patients for their hospitalization in Amman or in IPD.
- Participate in the cluster and external actors’ meetings in order to represent MsF activities and MsF social work.
- Be able to present MsF activities and social workers role to external actors.
- Maintains good working relations with various partners and stakeholders to increase patients access to quality services provided by external partners.
- Update information about the projects, criteria of admission, exceptions and possibilities for cooperation with the external actors.
- Provide information to the vulnerable groups on psychosocial needs and services available in Gaza.
- Be able to work on remote: provide assessment and psychosocial support by phone and other electronic devises.
- Participate to the workshops and activities in order to provide high quality services.
- Ensure, maintain and promote confidentiality regarding all information registered.
- Respect medical privacy and confidential environment.
- Maintain registers and files updated.
- Documents all case work promptly and carefully in line with social work principles and values, and maintains accurate records of all cases using relevant social intervention databases.
- Weekly collect qualitative and quantitative data.
- Monthly provide the analysis of the activities.
- Provide comprehensive and clear documentation of the activity.
- Participate to the PSS team meeting for exchanging information.
- Respect the MSF protocols, guidelines, chart and ethical standards.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by the PSAM.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Desirable degree in social work.
- Two years minimum in a similar social job
- Experience with MSF or other NGOs, desirable.
- English and Arabic Independent User in Speaking and Writing: Essential.
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Commitment to MSF Principles
- Sense of Service
Applicants must show their willingness by submitting an updated CV with motivation letter, diploma or professional card attached no later than the 02nd of January 2021 at 16:00 pm to the following email address
stating the job title in the subject line:
‘No16/2020 POOL OF SOCIAL WORKERS -Gaza Project’
- ONLY APPLICATIONS IN ENGLISH AND WITH THE ABOVE MAIL TITLE WILL BE CONSIDERED VALID
- THERE WILL BE AN ENGLISH TEST AFTER THE FIRST SHORTLISTING