Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
Carry out all social-related activities, in order to ease the patient’s situation, to maximize his/her adherence to treatment and to improve his/her psychosocial condition.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify social needs of patients through a social assessment. Respond to the patient’s social needs, according to the scope of the project, by giving direct social support (as transport, food, legal advice,…) and/or refer to other social actors, in order to actively contribute to the improvement of their quality of living.
- Contact patients to follow up the evolution of their condition when needed (home visits, defaulter tracing)
- Participate in the creation of any material needed for the activities of social workers. Take care of social services facilities, materials and equipment in order to ensure continuity.
- Mapping and regular update of social partners, local authorities, other NGOs, and governmental social services in order to improve social services scope and responsiveness.
- Keep records, statistic and files updated, reporting any social activity, in order to prioritize and develop appropriate programs or projects.
- Provide the First Individual Assessment of patient’s needs.
- Take the parent’s authorization for minors.
- Perform initial assessment of the stressors, signs of mental health problems, (S)GBV, CP issues, substance misuse, social risk factors.
- Be aware of the medical situation/status of the patients.
- Organize and implement the referral pathways and follow up of the patients to the external actors according to their social needs.
- Facilitate the interaction between patients and other MSF staff, when it is needed.
- Provide follow up assessment and social support for the pain management patients, patients within ortho- and osteomyelitis clinics.
- Participate in the case management within the multidisciplinary approach.
- Plan, organize and technically support the work of the peer-counsellor for the trauma patients.
- Provide guidance in sphere of social support and referral pathways.
- Provide first psychological help to patients, when needed.
- Support and prepare the patients for their hospitalization in Amman or in IPD.
- Participate in the cluster and external actors meetings in order to represent MsF activities and MsF social work.
- Be able to present MsF activities and social workers role to external actors.
- Maintains good working relations with various partners and stakeholders to increase patients access to quality services provided by external partners.
- Update information about the projects, criteria of admission, exceptions and possibilities for cooperation with the external actors.
- Provide information to the vulnerable groups on psychosocial needs and services available in Gaza.
- Be able to work on remote: provide assessment and psychosocial support by phone and other electronic devises.
- Participate to the workshops and activities in order to provide high quality services.
- Ensure, maintain and promote confidentiality regarding all information registered.
- Respect medical privacy and confidential environment.
- Maintain registers and files updated.
- Documents all case work promptly and carefully in line with social work principles and values, and maintains accurate records of all cases using relevant social intervention databases.
- Weekly collect qualitative and quantitative data.
- Monthly provide the analysis of the activities.
- Provide comprehensive and clear documentation of the activity.
- Participate to the PSS team meeting for exchanging information.
- Respect the MSF protocols, guidelines, chart and ethical standards.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by the PSAM.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Desirable degree in social work.
- Two years minimum in a similar social job
- Experience with MSF or other NGOs, desirable.
- Essential, local language; mission language will be a plus.
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Commitment to MSF Principles
- Sense of Service
Applicants must show their willingness by submitting an updated CV with motivation letter, diploma or professional card attached no later than the 13 December 2020 at 16:00 pm to the following email address
stating the job title in the subject line:
‘No14/2020 POOL OF SOCIAL WORKES -Gaza Project’
ONLY APPLICATIONS IN ENGLISH AND WITH THE ABOVE MAIL TITLE WILL BE CONSIDERED VALID