Position Title: Social worker (Full time 100%)
Place: El Amal Rehabilitation Society – Rafah
Reports To: Project Coordinator (PC)
Period: 3 months with possible extension
El Amal Rehabilitation Society – Rafah (ERSR) is a civil non-profit organization established in 1991 with Ministry of Interior registration number 5058. Our society is NGO leader working with distinction in the field of rehabilitation , development, education, health, culture, training in order to ensure a better life for marginalized groups, especially the deaf and enhance their capabilities based on qualified professional that use better techniques to build a generation capable of contributing to the building society , it also aspire to distinctive and active participation in building a civil society in which deaf people enjoy full rights in the Palestinian society .
El Amal in partnership with Campaign for the Children of Palestine “CCP- Japan” organization will start a project entitled " Community Development for Rehabilitation and Reintegration of the Persons with Disabilities or the Other Challenges in Gaza Strip", which is funded by JPF. The project will contribute to promote independence of the persons with disabilities and in need for the treatment, without being left behind from the reconstruction process in Gaza.
S/he will be reporting directly to the PC and work on all program activities.
Main duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify the social, psychosocial, socio-economic and administrative needs for patients and their caregivers direct them towards the adequate rehabilitation, medical, basic services in the community that would ensure equalization of their opportunities and integration in the society.
- Conduct field visits for PwDs and other injured cases to assess their needs for the identification of project beneficiaries.
- Assess physical and social environment of the patients in order to identify obstacles and facilitators and to make realistic plan of intervening on them according to the assessment form.
- Coordinate with the project coordinator and other team members in setting up the intervention / therapy plan for the PwDs to ensure a multidisciplinary approach in services planning and delivery.
- Actively provide the counselling services to the patients and provide Psychological First Aid, carry out health educational sessions with patients and their families (when needed), in order to alleviate their difficulties and reinforce their awareness.
- Refer to other specialists in ERS clinics or, in collaboration with the medical team, to other institutions for further assistance.
- Participate in the creation of any material needed for their activities and follow up.
- Keep files and statistics of daily activities and participate in team meetings to share experiences and discuss special cases with the medical team.
- Report activities to the technical supervisor and Project coordinator.
- Take active part in trainings, supervisions/interventions and support the activity manager when necessary.
- Discuss difficulties and problems with technical supervisor and Project coordinator
- Participate in the technical trainings that CCP will conduct in order to improve the team members’ intervention quality with beneficiaries of project services.
- Respect and implement the quality criteria system that will be trained on by CCP during working with project beneficiaries.
- Support in entering the data of assessed PwDs and other vulnerable groups using CCP & Partner’s data base forms.
- Develop and monitor the implementation plan for the assigned tasks.
- Conduct awareness session to the caregivers of PwDs and other beneficiaries as per requested.
- Conduct Group counseling and peer to peer counseling in cooperation with the psychological counselor under the supervision of technical supervisor
- Lead and follow each beneficiaries’ files including all assessment tools and reports.
- Perform all project data entry work for each beneficiaries’ information on the project database.
- Coordinate with multidisciplinary team members to ensure data registered and collected on time.
- Coordinate with the project coordinator regarding database registration and analysis.
- Inform and follow with the project coordinator on any mistakes or data discrepancy, and ensure corrections took place.
- Report project coordinator using the monitoring tools and reports’ forms on weekly/monthly/quarterly basis.
- To Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Academic and Professional Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in in social work;
- A minimum 3 years of experience in a similar job; preferably working with Persons with disabilities and Persons with injuries. Experience with NGOs is desirable;
- Experience leading groups in a youth or sports club desirable;
- Strong command of spoken and written English;
- Good knowledge of the local health and social service network including the MOH and other actors;
- Proficiency in computer applications (MS Word, Excel);
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team;
- Ability to work under pressure and excellent stress management capacity;
- Very positive communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent networking and coordination skills;
- Proven ability to multi-task and meet deadlines; also, to develop progress reports;
- Excellent counseling skills and ability to work with female and male children, adolescents, adults and elderly;
- Creativity and ability to take initiatives.
- Prefer Candidates living in Rafah and Khanyonis.
How to Apply:
- Qualified candidates can submit the following documents to [email protected]
- The most recent CV including 3 professional contacts as references.
Kindly indicate the job title in the subject line of the email e.g. social worker.
Deadline for submitting applications 03/05/2020, no later than 02:00 p.m.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please