Employment Opportunity in Nablus
Medecins Sans Frontieres “Doctors Without Borders” is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
MSF-France is currently seeking to hire a
Workplace: MSF-France office in 15 street, Nablus
Type of contract: Fixed term contract 6 months (renewable according to the need)
Activity rate: Full Time.
Wished start date: as soon as possible
Main Responsibilities of the position
As a member of the clinical team, the social worker will be responsible to carry out all social-related activities, in order to ease the patient’s situation, to maximize his/her adherence to treatment and to improve his/her psychosocial condition; the social worker will be in charge of the following tasks (non-exhaustive):
- Identify social needs of patients through a social assessment. Respond to the patient’s social needs, according to the scope of the project, by giving direct social support (as transport, food, legal advice…) and/or refer to other social actors, in order to actively contribute to the improvement of their quality of living.
- Contact patients to follow up the evolution of their condition when needed (home visits, defaulter tracing)
- Participate in the creation of any material needed for the activities of social workers. Take care of social services facilities, materials and equipment’s in order to ensure continuity.
- Mapping and regular update of social partners, local authorities, other NGOs, and governmental social services in order to improve social services scope and responsiveness.
- Keep records, statistic and files updated, reporting any social activity, in order to prioritize and develop appropriate programs or projects.
- Develop a clear strategy for efficient networking.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Degree in social work or similar desirable
- Proficiency in spoken English and good written English
- 2 years of experience minimum in a similar job; experience with MSF or other NGOs, desirable
- Good knowledge of the local health and social service network including the MOH and other actors
- Knowledge of Word, Excel and basic computer skills
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary international team
- Ability to work under pressure and excellent stress management capacity Competencies: Results, teamwork, flexibility, commitment, service
Documents to provide
- Cover letter in English (maximum 1 page).
- Updated CV in English (maximum 2 pages).
- Scan of diploma(s) and work certificate(s) relevant for the position.
- Scan of your ID.
Submit your application via Form Stack only through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة
on April 10, 2019 at the latest.
Only successful applicants will be called for the written test and interview.
No telephone inquiries please