The French section of Médecins Sans Frontières is recruiting for its project In Gaza strip a:
Médecins Sans Frontières “Doctors Without Borders” is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
Main Responsibilities of the position:
- Identify the psychosocial, socio-economic and administrative needs for patients and their caregivers.
- Actively promote the availability of counselling services in Gaza and provide Psychological First Aid, carry out health educational sessions with patients and their families (when needed), in order to alleviate their difficulties and reinforce their awareness.
- Refer to other specialists in MSF clinics or, in collaboration with HP team, to other institutions for further assistance.
- Participate in the creation of any material needed for their activities and follow up.
- Keep files and statistics of daily activities and participate in team meetings to share experiences and discuss special cases with the Health Promotion Social Support – HPSS team - preserving confidentiality.
- Report activities to the line manager.
- Take active part in trainings, supervisions/interventions and support the activity manager when necessary in doing sensitization for MSF staff or external partners.
- Discuss difficulties and problems with supervisor.
- Responsibility for the material needed for activities and storage.
- Know, promote and respect MSF chart.
- Degree in social work or similar desirable
- Proficiency in spoken English and good written English
- Experience leading groups in a youth or sports club desirable
- 2 years of experience minimum in a similar job; experience with MSF or other NGOs, desirable
- Good knowledge of the local health and social service network including the MOH and other actors
- Knowledge of Word, Excel and basic computer skills
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary international team
- Ability to work under pressure and excellent stress management capacity
Contract: 3 months contract with possible extension
Starting date : Mid-January 2018
Eligible applicants please send your C.V. in English only by e-mail [email protected] (subject: Application - Social Worker), or bring it to the MSF Office in El Remal - A Husseini street near El Wehda street.
CVs will not be returned and only successful candidates will be contacted for the written test and interview. No telephone inquiries, please.
Application deadline : Thursday, 27th December 2018 by 17:00