EducAid is an Italian NGO working in the Palestinian Territory since 2003.
In the framework of the project "I-CAN: Independence, Capability, Autonomy, iNclusion. Center for Independent life for People with Disabilities in the Gaza Strip "Palestinian Territories - AID 011.496 and in order to complete building its human resources in the Gaza Strip office, EducAid, announces its need to hire a Social worker according to the following criteria:
Contract Type: Full Time
Location: Gaza strip
Provide appropriate advice, support and resources to people with disabilities who are experiencing personal difficulties to help them overcome their problems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide immediate psychosocial response to people with disabilities including psychosocial support visits; Psychological First Aid and Psychosocial need assessments.
- Refer the basic needs of targeted people to basic services through cooperation with project manager
- Implement community-based awareness campaign activities
- Implement the psychosocial capacity building programs including selection, training and supervision
- Participate in the implementation of other Psychosocial activities in cooperation with EducAid Team (events, group training sessions, refreshment courses, workshops and other scientific events)
- Assist in needs assessments upon request from the project manager
- Maintain filing of community based activities based on the filing system agreed with the project manager
- Provide other activities planning and reporting based as request
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- A minimum of bachelor degree in Social sciences, sociology or in any other relevant studies.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience, preferably in the relevant of PWDs. / international NGOs
- Experience in individual, family and group sessions.
- Experience related to psychosocial assessment.
- Experience in community psycho-education and training.
- Communication and facilitation skills are key factor to this position.
- Coordinate with the project team in setting up the intervention / therapy plan to ensure a multidisciplinary approach in services planning and delivery.
- Strong commitment to learning new skills and willingness to be accompanied toward the achievement of new competencies.
- Clear commitment to the project thematic.
- Ability to communicate any technical or non-technical topic with clarity and to share any important project information with the team
- Excellent writing skills and Computer skills (Excel, Word, Power Point)
- Arabic and English (both written and spoken)
- Reporting and data collection skills, both qualitative and quantitative
- Valid clean driving license is advance
Candidates are invited to fulfill the application form and to attached their CV and motivation letter online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة , no later than 17th of October 2018 - 4,00 pm
People with Disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply for all EducAid positions.