EducAid is an International Non-Governmental Organization established in Italy in March 2000 and recognized by the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs. It promotes the rights of Persons with Disabilities in various countries, including the Occupied Palestinian Territories, through interaction with associations, social enterprises and enthusiastic individuals ethically involved in the educational and social work. Its mission is to prevent and reduce the disadvantages and obstacles of individuals with disabilities or those who live in social and cultural difficulties. Additionally, EducAid seeks to build the capacity of the individuals and institutions in terms of education through different means but most notably by building an educational system where all the resources in the community thrive through the education system. Furthermore, EducAid aims to ensure the ultimate respect of human rights, in particular the rights of children, persons with disabilities and minority groups, and to encourages policies oriented to gender equality.
Contract Type: Full Time
Duration: 1 year with possibility of renewal
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Duty Station: East Jerusalem and Ramallah
The main duty of the selected Project Coordinator is to support the overall implementation of the EU Commission funded project “Including Jerusalem”, aimed at enhancing inclusive capacities of Palestinian primary schools in East Jerusalem, improving educational offer of AlQuds University and strengthening the role of the University’s Child Institute at the community level. EducAid, as leading organization, will coordinate the activities with local and international project partners from its offices East Jerusalem and Ramallah.
* Coordinate with the Project Manager and the project staff in order to ensure the development of project’s activities.
* Support the administrator in collecting invoices and other supporting documents from the partners.
* Coordinate with local project partner, attend and organize meetings and support the partner in being in time with project deadlines and to follow EducAid and donor’s procedures.
* Monitor all project activities, expenditures and progress towards achieving the project output.
* Conduct pre/post evaluation in order to ensure the effectiveness of the activities.
* Drafting periodic reports about the project activities.
* Supervising the achievement of the project's target and results.
* Provide feedback to the Project Manager, Education Expert and MEAL Officer on project strategies and activities.
* Suggest strategies to the Project Management for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the project by identifying bottlenecks in completing project activities and developing plans to minimize or eliminate such bottlenecks.
* Providing the MEAL Officer with the required data about the implementation of the project through the Monthly Progress Report and other formats upon request.
* Conduct need assessments when necessary to the implementation of project’s activities and for the writing of new project proposals.
* Participate in annual project reviews and planning workshops and assist the Project Manager in preparing relevant reports.
* Support monitoring and evaluation of the effects and impact of the project, in collaboration with MEAL Officer.
* Support the Project Manager and the MEAL Officer to collect data and information about the field of intervention of the project.
* Support Project Manager in drafting concept notes, project ideas and project proposals and ensure their timely submission.
* Researching and assisting in the production of disability and/or education publications;
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required degree: bachelor's degree in education, Human Rights, Social sciences, Management, or another relevant field.
At least 3 years of professional work experience at national and/or international level in the field of inclusive education, disability or other relevant programs.
* Fluency in both written and spoken English and Arabic;
* Background in project cycle management, especially logical frameworks;
* Strong background in inclusive education;
* Proven ability to write clear and effective reports in English;
* Excellent communication skills and solid ability to convey a message in different manners according to the stakeholders involved;
* Excellent computer skills, especially in the use of Excel, Word and Power Point;
* Experience in designing and implementing training programs;
* Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills;
* Leadership skills and strong motivation;
* Experience in projects promoting gender equality and inclusion for CWD (Children with Disabilities) is a strong advantage.
* Familiarity with education context in East Jerusalem is a strong advantage.
* Prior experience with EU procedures is an advantage;
* Valid clean driving license is an advantage.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a full CV with a cover letter in English explaining their motivation in applying for this specific position and highlighting their relevant skills and experience no later than at the following address: [email protected].
The closing date for receiving application is the 11th of June 2023.
Please clearly state “Project Coordinator_IJ” in the email subject, followed by your name if you want to be considered for this position.
Applications that do not meet the specified minimum requirements, or are received after the closing date, will not be eligible.
Applications from candidates with disabilities are especially welcome, and women are encouraged to apply. All applications will be handled in strict confidence