For an Anticipated Project in Gaza
The NGO Development Center (NDC) is a non-profit Palestinian organization whose main function is to empower non-governmental organizations (NGOs) to respond to the needs of the poor and marginalized in the West Bank and Gaza. In line with NDC’s mandate, NDC is currently recruiting the following fulltime/part-time positions to be based at its office in Gaza Strip. All positions will report to Gaza Program Manager.
Position: Social and Community Mobilization Expert (1)
Major Responsibilities / Education and Experience
- Minimum BSc degree in a related field (social studies, social development, sociology and socio-economics etc.).
- Professional social and community development and mobilization expert at least 7 years of experience in carrying out community consultation for the identification of community development projects focused on enhancing community participation in municipal decision- making. Experience with social impact assessments (identification, mitigation), participatory planning and budgeting, improvement of consumer satisfaction, enhancement of customer relations by municipalities and utilities, public awareness campaigns.
- Capability and Experience in conducting community mobilization activities such as, awareness workshops to the local communities to identify subprojects, action plans, update the communities’ priorities, and engage LGU.
- Familiar with the Palestinian culture, traditions, and values across the different regions of the country.
- Sound facilitation and moderation skills
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a CV to
with the position title in the subject line no later than Wednesday, March 21, 2018.
Further information relating to these positions can be obtained from our website at www.ndc.ps/job-vacancy
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.