Job Title: Site Civil Engineer
Reporting to: Senior Programmes Coordinator
Location: Gaza - Palestine Field Office - Human Appeal UK
Contract period: 3 months
Closing date: 10th October 2021
About Human Appeal UK
Human Appeal is a non-profit organisation working across the globe to strengthen humanity’s fight against poverty, social injustice and natural disaster. Through the provision of immediate relief and the establishment of self-sustaining development programmes, we aim to invest in real, effective solutions.
We work year-round to establish healthcare, water and sanitation- WASH, education, and livelihood programmes that pave the way for empowered, self-serving communities. We also provide food, medical aid, and disaster relief during emergencies, a critical intervention that saves lives.
To support the implementation of Human Appeal projects by closely supervising the implementation of construction and maintenance activities, ensuring adherence to quality standards agreed in the BoQ and contractor agreements as well as supporting programs team in projects M&E activities
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Provide technical input for shelter projects and support to field workers and contractors to ensure adherence to best practices, specifications and contract conditions.
- Pay day-to-day field visits and submit daily updates and weekly written reports to HA Programmes Team.
- Has the ability to develop bills of quantities, drawings, specifications for civil and water infrastructure works and home rehabilitation works.
- Approve reviewed project’s shop drawings, work plan, time schedule, safety plan, .... etc.
- Proactively participate in sample/material inspection/evaluation committees to ensure that all materials match the quality specifications as detailed in the BoQ.
- Provide and archive the daily reports, site instructions and other needed forms related to onsite works and report achievements to the line manager regularly.
- Ability to coordinate with projects’ stakeholders to achieve the project outcomes.
- Ensure that safety requirements are provided and available in each working site.
- Participate in projects’ site access, taking over sessions and materials inspections sessions.
- Perform any other related tasks required by the Line Manager.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Experience and Technical Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or any other related major from accredited university
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in supervising construction projects, ideal with INGOs
- Adequate knowledge in humanitarian programs and Core Humanitarian Standards – CHS.
- Advanced AutoCAD for Windows skills
- Advanced computer literacy skills
- Advanced skills in MS-Office package.
- High proficiency and Fluent in English, Arabic is an asset
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills
We are looking to appoint this role ASAP so for the best chance of success please APPLY TODAY!
Please upload your CV and Cover Letter outlining how your experience, skills, qualification and professional background fit with the position requirements
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.