Rights Respected, People Protected
The Norwegian Refugee Council is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises in 31 countries, where we help save lives, rebuild futures and promote the rights of people who are displaced. We deliver high-quality aid where needs are greatest, in both new and protracted crises.
In Palestine, NRC provides humanitarian assistance and promotes respect for international law in one of the longest-running displacement crises in modern history. In the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, and Gaza, NRC’s work includes emergency preparedness and response, education, ICLA, protection, shelter and WASH.
The main purpose of the Shelter WASH Technical Officer position is to support the management of Shelter WASH processes with specific technical competencies in the planning, implementation, and monitoring phases.
- Plan daily goals and activities of WASH Assistants in accordance with plans set by Management
- Prepare implementation work plan and follow-up on implementation at field level
- Report field level progress in implementation (of WASH Assistants and Daily Laborers) based on weekly/monthly implementation work plan
- Visualize field supervision to guide WASH Assistants in daily field level implementation
- Support the coordination with project partners and local WASH service providers on technical level, and ensure the local community engagement in the community level projects.
- Support in technical quality control in implementation (household level, construction site level) including providing engineering technical consultations, assisting beneficiaries with technical shelter WASH advice on how to complete their works at the expected quality and budget, and ensure the satisfaction of the target communities benefits from construction, infrastructure projects.
- Prepare project tools in discussion with WASH Assistants (technical assessment, identifying priorities, distribution plans, etc.)
- Ensure filing and visual documentation of project implementation on field level
- Responsible for technical level of project preparation phase in WASH projects (technical assessments, accurate drawings, BoQs, technical specifications, scope of work, reports)
- Support preparation of tender processes and documents Capacity building for existing and new staff on technical quality in implementation
- Undertake any other reasonable task assigned by management
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Our Ideal Candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineer or/and other relevant area
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working within technical expertise in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Sufficient experience in Shelter and WASH sectors
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Excellent command of English and Arabic language, both written and verbal
- Previous work experience in cash handling processes
- Solid experience in construction, Infrastructure industry, specifically in the Gaza Strip
In this position, you will join a highly motivated and experienced team who are making a difference for vulnerable people in one of the world's most complex humanitarian crisis.
Contract duration: 5 months
Working hours: 40 hours/week, Sun-Thu (5 days per week)
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Gaza (open to Gaza residents only)
Start Date: ASAP
NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality and physical ability.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة