Rights Respected, People Protected
The Norwegian Refugee Council is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises in 31 countries, where we help save lives, rebuild futures and promote the rights of people who are displaced. We deliver high-quality aid where needs are greatest, in both new and protracted crises.
In Palestine, NRC provides humanitarian assistance and promotes respect for international law in one of the longest-running displacement crises in modern history. In the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, and Gaza, NRC’s work includes emergency preparedness and response, education, ICLA, protection, shelter and WASH.
NRC’s Shelter WASH programming in Gaza have enhanced the access of most vulnerable households to adequate shelter WASH solutions. Our work provides physical and climate protection to the most vulnerable people living in substandard living conditions through repair/ upgrade of substandard housing units, provide direct technical assistance to households, distributes essential household materials, support families affected by the economic crisis with rental assistance to prevent eviction. At the community level NRC interventions contributed to improve the access of the Gaza population to basic water and sanitation services by strengthening and building national capacities of public sector, communities and households. The interventions improved the access of the target population to safe potable water, improved the preparedness and response capacity of communities in addressing seasonal flooding, and increased the understanding of policy makers to act upon improving the water resources management in Gaza.
The purpose of the Shelter WASH Technical Assistant position is to provide administrative and technical support for the program. The Shelter WASH technical assistant is also a part of the rapid response mechanism under the new Emergency Preparedness and Response Programming.
- Conduct need assessments, prepare BoQs, provide direct technical support for beneficiaries.
- Supervise project implementation, work acceptance, materials/ samples approval and hand over.
- Measure, record and review payment requests for the executed works submitted by the contractor.
- Ensure that safety procedures are in place in all project activities.
- Prepare regular briefings and reports to direct supervisor, and keeps accurate data of all project information.
- Ensures full cooperation/coordination with CMWU, Municipality staff, NRC local partner, and local community.
- Undertake any other reasonable task assigned by management
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Our Ideal Candidate must have:
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in a similar position
- Work experience in rehabilitation of housing unit’s projects
- Work experience in construction, work Experience in supervising infrastructure projects.
- Understanding of protection in humanitarian context
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision
- Experience in mobile data collection
- Experience from working in a similar role in a humanitarian/recovery context Knowledge and experience within a relevant administration, craft or technical field and ideally a relevant vocational qualification
- Fluency in Arabic, Some knowledge of English
In this position, you will join a highly motivated and experienced team who are making a difference for vulnerable people in one of the world's most complex humanitarian crisis.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة