Rights Respected, People Protected
The Norwegian Refugee Council is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises in 31 countries, where we help save lives, rebuild futures and promote the rights of people who are displaced. We deliver high-quality aid where needs are greatest, in both new and protracted crises.
In Palestine, NRC provides humanitarian assistance and promotes respect for international law in one of the longest-running displacement crises in modern history. In the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, and Gaza, NRC’s work includes emergency preparedness and response, education, ICLA, protection, shelter and WASH.
The purpose of the Shelter/ WASH Assistant position is to provide support to Shelter/WASH program field implementation.
- Carry out vulnerability and needs assessments (shelter, WASH and socioeconomic) for shelter/WASH projects including required construction works at communal or household level.
- Provide daily monitoring of Shelter/WASH field activities and report daily to the Shelter/WASH technical Assistant or Officer about progress/challenges in program implementation.
- Participate in the hygiene awareness activities
- Track daily work plan for implementation of Shelter/WASH activities
- Keep accurate data of all technical information and ensure that all beneficiary files are completed and filed
- Provide information about project criteria and activities and collect needed information on received complaints from beneficiaries and community members
- Support the efficient and cost-effective use of NRC’s assets and resources in order to maximise support to beneficiaries
- Share ideas with Shelter & WASH Team to best fulfil beneficiaries’ needs
- Ensure cooperation/coordination with local community members
- Maintain proper communication with project partners, community members and beneficiaries
- Provide administrative support to Shelter/WASH technical Assistants and Officer(s)
- Participate in emergency response activities (distribution and rapid assessment) as needed
- Undertake any other reasonable task assigned by management
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Our Ideal Candidate must have:
- Experience working in a humanitarian/recovery context is considered an asset
- Work experience in construction or engineering background is considered an asset
- Knowledge and experience within a relevant administration, craft or technical field and ideally a relevant vocational qualification
- Previous experience working in complex and volatile contexts is considered an asset
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Basic knowledge of English is required
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision
- Ability to work in a team
- Experience in mobile data collection
In this position, you will join a highly motivated and experienced team making a difference for vulnerable people in one of the world's most complex humanitarian crises.
Contract duration: 6 months
Working hours: 40 hours/week, Sun-Thu (5 days per week)
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Gaza (open to Gaza residents only)
Start Date: ASAP
Contact person: Reham Khalaf, [email protected]
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now-button below