Job Title: Shelter Field Officer
Reports To: Project Officer
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS has been present in Jerusalem, West Bank, and Gaza (JWBG) since 1961 and currently supports programs in the sectors of humanitarian relief, livelihoods, civil society strengthening, and social justice promotion through its field offices in Jerusalem, Gaza, and Bethlehem. For further information about CRS, please visit: www.crs.org.
CRS and partners have been supporting shelter programming Gaza since 2015. Current projects, supported by UNOCHA, Caritas Germany and other donors are designed to restore the sense of dignity, privacy, safety, and wellbeing of vulnerable families through repairs to shelters damaged by conflict or rehabilitation of substandard shelters. CRS and partners promote participatory, integrated approached that engage and meets the needs of all household members; where possible, CRS and partners use a self-help model where households receive restricted cash and technical support, thus promoting choice, dignity, and cost-effectiveness.
The Shelter Field Officer (FO) will assist project implementation by working directly with local partners and community members, coordinating various project activities and events in support of CRS’ work to serve the poor and vulnerable. The successful candidate will have a thorough and service-oriented approach to project implementation which ensures that communities feed into and benefit from shelter assistance that consistently applies best practices and constantly works towards improving the impact of the project for the people we serve.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the coordination, implementation, and monitoring of project activities at the field level, ensuring implementation schedules are met as per the detailed implementation plan (DIP), and that adherence to CRS systems for quality project implementation are strengthened.
- Coordinate communication and facilitate information sharing among the project team, local implementing partners, and project beneficiaries at the community level to assist local partners in strengthening the community interest, involvement and support networks.
- Support the project team to identify technical opportunities and challenges related to shelter repair.
- In coordination with the project team, support capacity building activities for local implementing partners, in accordance with CRS Partnership Principles. Report on challenges and/or gaps identified to inform adjustments to the plan and implementation schedule.
- Liaise with various community stakeholders including NGOs/CSOs and mobilize them to ensure full involvement of community leaders, and community representatives in the overall implementation and improvement of project activities.
- Compile data provided at the community level as per project requirements and contribute to the preparation of reports.
- Support the dissemination of the CRS Safeguarding Policy & Code of Conduct and Ethics to local implementing partners, project beneficiaries, and relevant community members, including mechanisms to safely make report or provide feedback; ensure compliance with this policy and immediately notify supervisor of any concerns.
- Support the partners teams to monitor the vendors and contractors participating in the project
- Ensure compliance with quality control procedures during implementation of the repair and construction works.
- Support project administration and backstop other functions, as assigned.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field, such as engineering, required
- Minimum two (2) years of NGO work experience, required
- Demonstrated experience in shelter assistance required.
- Experience working with partners and participating in humanitarian assistance, required
- Proficiency using MS Windows, MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), and ICT4D systems, required; familiarity with CommCare and PowerBI a plus
- Observation, active listening, and analysis skills with ability to make sound judgment
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with diverse groups
- Good relationships management skills with ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Organized, proactive, results-oriented, and service-oriented
Required/Desired Foreign Language: Strong written and oral English and Arabic required.
Travel Required: Travel within Gaza required regularly.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Trusting Relationships
- Professional Growth
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
Internal: Shelter Project team, other project teams operating from Gaza, especially the PSS team, MEAL Field Officer, as well as operations staff (e.g. Admin, ICT, Procurement, Finance).
External: Key external relationships include up to three local partners, community members, project participants, peers from other NGOs, etc.
DISCLAIMERS: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة