Job Title: Senior Project Officer
Department: Program Team
Reports To: Program Manager
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS has been present in Jerusalem, West Bank, and Gaza (JWBG) since 1961 and currently supports programs in the sectors of humanitarian relief, livelihoods, civil society strengthening, and social justice promotion throughout Jerusalem, Gaza, and the West Bank. For further information about CRS, please visit: www.crs.org.
CRS is preparing to launch a multi-million dollar, 18-month project designed to build resilience among vulnerable Gazan families. The holistic recovery project is underpinned by psychosocial support (PSS), targeting the wide range of families in target communities in need of psychosocial supports, including from the most recent conflict. The project will also support the most acutely vulnerable in need of shelter assistance and/or Cash-for-Work (CfW). The project’s holistic approach, including its strong internal referral system, will enable the project to leverage the positive impacts of these complementary supports to promote the resilience of acutely vulnerable, crisis-affected Gazan communities, particularly women and girls.
Under the guidance of a CRS Program Manager, the Senior Project Officer (SPO) will lead a multi-sectoral project team, that includes shelter, livelihoods, and psychosocial support (PSS) components. The SPO will facilitate the achievement of project objectives through coordinating and reporting on all project activities and providing technical guidance and advice to staff and implementing partner(s) advancing Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work serving the poor and vulnerable. The SPO’s coordination and relationship management skills will ensure that the project applies best practices and constantly works towards improving the impact of its benefits to those we serve, particularly women and girls.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Organize and lead the implementation of all assigned project activities as outlined in the detailed implementation plan in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
- Effectively manage talent and supervise. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, contribute to the recruitment process of project staff, and complete performance management for direct reports.
- Ensure learning properly accompanies project activities throughout the project cycle. Support accountability through coordinating project evaluation activities and guiding partners in their efforts to reflect on project experiences. Analyze implementation challenges and report any inconsistencies and/or gaps to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules.
- Coordinate and oversee working relationships with all local project stakeholders, including two local partners, and serve as the liaison between them and the project team to mobilize local actors and promote project activities and impact.
- Supervise and perform ad-hoc inspections of various processes and resources at project sites to ensure timely project activities implementation and adherence to established process standards and procedures. Ensure proper tracking of resource use for project activities through periodic budget reviews and follow-up with and assistance to implementing partner.
- Support and coordinate capacity building and technical support activities to ensure assigned project activities are implemented per project guidelines and standards.
- Coordinate provision of any logistical and administrative support to staff and partners.
- Ensure project documentation for assigned activities is complete with all required documents and is filed per agency and donor requirements. Assist with preparation of trends analysis reports and documentation of case studies and promising practices.
- Ensure CRS Safeguarding Policy & Code of Conduct and Ethics is translated to all capacity strengthening activities, project beneficiaries, and relevant community members, including mechanisms to safely make report or provide feedback; ensure compliance with this policy and immediately notify supervisor of any concerns.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Minimum of 7 years of work experience in programming, ideally working on complex, multi-sectoral projects that include shelter, livelihoods, or psychosocial support (PSS) programming and for an NGO.
- Staff supervision and team-building experience
- Additional experience may substitute for some education.
Required Languages – English and Arabic fluency required; strong English writing skills preferred
Travel – Regular travel within Gaza required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Analysis and problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment
- Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
- Experience implementing humanitarian and/or recovery programming that is impactful for all family members, especially women and girls
- Experience working with partners, participatory action planning and community engagement.
- Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data
- Experience leveraging data to adapt project implementation
- Experience with integrating analysis, reflection, and interpretation opportunities into project implementation
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Supervisory Responsibilities: multi-sectoral project team
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Program Manager, project team, MEAL Manager, operations staff and other staff and consultants dedicated to the project
External: Partners, key actors, peer agencies
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
المسمى الوظيفي Senior Project Officer
آخر موعد للتقديم 02 - Jan - 2022
المكان قطاع غزة
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 7 Years
التصنيف مجالات متنوعة
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة Catholic Relief Services خدمات الاغاثة الكاثوليكية
الخليل, بيت لحم
MEAL Project Officer
رام الله والبيرة, بيت لحم
23, Dec, 2021
MEAL Field Officer
23, Dec, 2021
MEAL Project Officer
19, Dec, 2021
Field Officer (Livelihoods)
17, Dec, 2021
Chief of Party
القدس, بيت لحم
6, Nov, 2021
Field Officer (Livelihoods)
13, Oct, 2021