Job Title: Senior Project Officer
Department: Program Team
Reports To: Program Manager
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS has been present in Jerusalem, West Bank, and Gaza (JWBG) since 1961 and currently supports programs in the sectors of health, humanitarian relief, livelihoods, civil society strengthening, and social justice promotion through its offices in Jerusalem, the West Bank, and Gaza. In the West Bank, CRS is currently implementing Strengthening Herders’ Resilience, a four-year agricultural livelihoods project funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). For further information about CRS, please visit: www.crs.org.
As a lead for the “Strengthening Herders’ Resilience” project team, you will facilitate the achievement of project objectives through coordinating and reporting on all project activities and providing technical guidance and advice to staff and implementing partner(s) advancing Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work serving the poor and vulnerable. Your coordination and relationship management skills will ensure that the project for which you are responsible applies best practices and constantly works towards improving the impact of its benefits to those we serve.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Organize and lead the implementation of all assigned project activities as outlined in the detailed implementation plan in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
- Ensure learning properly accompanies project activities throughout the project cycle. Support accountability through coordinating project evaluation activities and guiding partners in their efforts to reflect on project experiences. Analyze implementation challenges and report any inconsistencies and/or gaps to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules.
- Coordinate and oversee working relationships with all local project stakeholders and serve as the liaison between them and the project team to mobilize local actors and promote project activities and impact.
- Supervise and perform ad-hoc inspections of various processes and resources at project sites to ensure timely project activities implementation and adherence to established process standards and procedures. Ensure proper tracking of resource use for project activities through periodic budget reviews and follow-up with and assistance to implementing partner.
- Support and coordinate capacity building and technical support activities to ensure assigned project activities are implemented per project guidelines and standards.
- Coordinate provision of any logistical and administrative support to staff and partners.
- Ensure project documentation for assigned activities is complete with all required documents and is filed per agency and donor requirements. Assist with preparation of trends analysis reports and documentation of case studies and promising practices
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor's Degree required. Degree in International Relations or in the field of program management a plus.
- Minimum of 4 years of work experience in project support, ideally in the field of agriculture and social behavior change approach.
- Staff supervision experience a plus.
- Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data.
- Experience working with partners, conducting participatory action planning, leading community engagement, and engaging other stakeholders strongly desired.
- Experience using MS Windows, MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), and ICT4D systems (e.g. iForm, CommCare, PowerBI) a plus.
- Additional experience may substitute for some education.
Required Languages - Strong written and oral English and Arabic required.
Travel - include percentage of required travel, if applicable. Could be stated as Must be willing and able to travel up to 20% to project sites.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Analysis and problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment
- Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Supervisory Responsibilities: Project Officers, Technical Associates
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Program Manager, HoP, MEAL Manager, Operations Manager, other staff and consultants dedicated to the project.
External: Key agriculture actors, Ministry of Agriculture, other local stakeholders.
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimers: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics. CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or disability status.
المسمى الوظيفي Senior Project Officer
آخر موعد للتقديم 20 - Jul - 2021
المكان بيت لحم
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 4 Years
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة Catholic Relief Services خدمات الاغاثة الكاثوليكية
Emergency Response Field Officer
Livelihoods Project Officer
Livelihoods Field Officer
Psychosocial Field Officer
Regional Supply Chain Management
قطاع غزة, القدس, رام الله والب...
(MEAL) Project Officer
Family Engagement Specialist