CARE Palestine (West Bank/Gaza) is looking for a committed professional to the values of Transformation, Integrity, Diversity, Equality, and Excellence to fill the following vacancy:
Senior Project Manager- Gender Equality Project (KAYANI) (Job#7/2020)
Summary: with funding from the UK Government through the Conflict Stability and Security Fund (CSSF) – Foreign and Commonwealth Office, the Gender Equality Project’s aims at increasing Palestinian women’s public leadership and influence over decision-making, particularly in the justice and security sectors. CARE partners with Women Media and Development (TAM), Women’s Centre for Legal Aid and Counselling (WCLAC), and Women’s Affairs Technical Committee (WATC) to implement this project.
The Project Manager (PM) leads KAYANI’s team (CARE and partner staff) during the different stages of the project life cycle (design/planning of activities, conceptualization, and implementation) as needed while ensuring that CARE Palestine (WBG) projects are aligned with the Program & Strategy of the Country Office (CO).
Primary activities of the Senior Project Manager include but are not limited to:
· Provides ongoing supervision, leadership, support and guidance to the project/s team, technical experts and consultants, as well as co-managing partners’ staff if needed.
· Responsible for the planning and implementation of all project(s)’ activities.
· Responsible for planning and managing project finances, procurement activities, logistics and materials for the implementation of the project activities.
· Works closely with the partners to develop and finalize action plans, selection criteria of the beneficiaries.
· Establishes M&E framework, monitoring process and the implementation process for each activity; write standards to ensure sub-contractors quality of work can be assessed with support from Quality Accountability Learning and Development Manager (QADM) and other team members.
· Leads and writes work plans, monthly narrative updates, coordinate with CARE compliance officer to develop due diligence and risk management reports, coordinate with CARE finance officer to develop regular agreed upon financial reports, and lead the documentation of comprehensive initiatives’ reports, field reports and other reports as required.
· Informs the programs’ manager and other relevant staff about the project plans, activities and progress orally and in writing on regular basis.
· Drafts terms of reference (TOR) for project related consultancies (e.g. those relevant to capacity building, business modeling, assessments, consultants or trainers, evaluators, etc.
· Develops a procurement plan, in cooperation with the procurement staff, prepare tender documents, participate in analyzing bids and recommend contractors to supervisor.
· Leads, develops and monitors program budgets in accordance with CARE and donor’s requirements with Programs’ Manager and Finance Officer.
· Monitors the work of the sub-contractors/consultants to ensure adherence to the terms of the contract and to ensures the quality of work meets predefined standards.
· Leads gender analysis, design, and implement of activities in line with CARE’s gender equality empowerment framework and gender transformative programming with the support of the Gender Advisor/ other relevant team members.
· Responsible for any presentation related to the project which might be requested to present CARE with aforementioned different actors.
· Ensures cooperation and coordination with the requirements of data management system (DMS) to be established at CARE, and relevant information is entered.
· Conducts field visits to different project’s locations in the West Bank and Gaza as needed, and meet with beneficiaries/partners/community reps to make sure that all activities are implemented in a best way and according to the plans
· Develops and writes up reports on all aspects of the project.
· Responsible for overseeing all site plans, completion certificates, activity tracking documents, handover documents and any other tools implemented for program oversight
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
· Master’s degree (or equivalent combination of formal training and experience) in, social science, Gender studies, Law, or public administration with an emphasis on gender studies.
· At least 5 years’ proven experience in managing and implementing women empowerment projects, gender projects, legal support projects.
· Demonstrated team management skills with a minimum of three years’ experience supervising employees.
· Excellent skills in report writing
· Proven track record working collaboratively with civil society, governmental institutions, communities, and local NGO partners.
· Experience in donor grants management and monitoring of large programs and/or multiple projects/initiatives.
· A working knowledge of project planning, monitoring and reviews, budget planning and management.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) in both Arabic and English.
· Strong team play and collaboration skills.
· Outstanding analytical, advocacy and action research skills.
· Proven skills in program planning, development, analysis, assessing and reporting to external grants providers.
· Effective negotiation and representation skills.
· Sound understanding of development issues with emphasis on rights, partnership, participation and sustainability.
· Experience working with different donors, experience in managing CSSF funded projects/initiatives is desired
Only applicants who have the required qualities, experience, and skills will be considered. Interested applicants must include (a) A resume (in English) and (b) a cover letter explaining their suitability for the position (in English)
Please submit your application by e- mail to [email protected] to the attention of the HR Department no later than Thursday December 17th, 2020 and include the job number (7/2020) in the subject line and cover letter.
Applications received after this date or that do not meet the qualifications above will not be considered. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
CARE International promotes the principle of Equal Opportunity for all