DanChurchAid and Norwegian Church Aid joint country program in Palestine is looking for a
Senior Programme Officer – Community Led Action (SPO-CLA)
About DanChurchAid (DCA) and Norwegian Church Aid (NCA).
DanChurchAid (DCA) and Norwegian Church Aid are non-governmental organisations. Both are members of the ACT Alliance and work primarily with local partners, international networks, churches and non-religious civil organizations. In Palestine the two organisations have merged their longstanding engagements into one country programme and one country team with offices in East Jerusalem and Gaza. The Joint Country Programme (JCP) supports around 20 partners and their projects through a team of 15 staff and annual turnover of approx. USD 6.5 million. We manage contracts from the Danish and Norwegian governments, the European Union, the UN and other donors. Our work aims to fight extreme inequality, build resilient communities, and save lives through humanitarian response programming.
Senior Programme Officer – Community Led Action
DCA/NCA is looking for a Senior Programme Officer to lead its efforts to advance the application of Community Led Action approaches in humanitarian and development programming.
The SPO-CLA will expand and strengthen DCA/NCA’s use of CLA in its programming with local partners in Palestine and play a leading role in the conceptualisation and establishment of a technical resource facility for the advancement of CLA.
The SPO-CLA will work closely with internal and external advisors and partner field workers to further develop and contextualise existing CLA approaches and expand awareness and commitment to CLA and localisation among stakeholders.
To achieve this the SPO-CLA will plan and implement research, learning and dissemination processes and develop and regularly refine guidelines and tools based on community feedback and lessons learned.
Main tasks for the position:
- Work with internal and external actors to develop and establish a technical facility to expand use of CLA approaches and ensure that such a facility is established and run successfully.
- Develop clear and useful best practice guidelines and tools for use in CLA programming and ensure that these are regularly updated based on learning from practice.
- Develop guidance materials for mainstreaming CLA into large scale resilience and development programmes managed and funded by different donors.
- Raise funds for CLA initiatives from institutional and non-institutional donors.
- Generate awareness, interest, and buy in from partners, donors and policy makers for CLA approaches.
- Design and manage research and lessons learned processes and ensure high quality outputs.
- Work with DCA/NCA colleagues to expand DCA/NCA and partners use of CLA approaches in their programming in Palestine (WB including EJ and Gaza strip).
- Grant Manage partner implemented CLA projects.
- Generate and pilot new project ideas
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Key qualities of candidates
To be successful in this role candidates should be able to:
- Think innovatively and strategically and understand local and wider contexts.
- Develop constructive working relationships with colleague and external actors and build an expansive and relevant network of stakeholders.
- Ensure delivery of objectives within set time frames.
- Effectively and timely capture and analyse results and capture and act on learning from CLA practice.
- Provide effective support to colleagues and partners in relation to design, implementation and MEAL of projects.
- Naturally motivate colleagues and external actors.
- Write grant winning proposals, convincing communication materials and concise, convincing reports.
Qualifications / Experience / Education:
- Relevant academic degree.
- Strong understanding of Community Led Action, preferably hands on experience with CLA approaches in the Palestinian context. Experience in other contexts is an asset.
- Experience in documenting community action processes. Understanding gender and political dynamics.
- Strong awareness of accountability mechanisms towards local communities. And local accountability among communities themselves.
- Ability to establish strong connection between community led approach and advocacy that DCA involved in.
- Strong analytical skills, capacity for strategic planning.
- Strong communication skills and idea marketing skills including to donors.
- Strong context and gender analysis capacity.
- Ability to systematically develop, test, and refine CLA approaches.
- Proven record of leading successful proposal development.
- Project management experience in INGO sector.
- Track record in developing/designing innovative projects.
- Track record of building capacity – including conducting trainings for community members and partner staff.
- Strong contextual understanding of the Palestinian context
- Skilled in prioritising tasks, planning and organising team efforts to meet objectives and deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and capacity to work with partners.
- Strong language skills in English and Arabic.
- Meaningful, professional, dynamic, and pleasant workplace.
- Competitive compensation.
- Workstation: Jerusalem
- Duration: Open Ended.
- Start date: as soon as possible
- Contract Type: a national position. Full time (35 hours/week) according to Local Staff Manual
المسمى الوظيفي Senior Programme Officer
آخر موعد للتقديم 13 - Sep - 2020
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 3 Years
Please upload your CV and a cover letter that includes justification of interest no later than September 13, 2020 midnight.
through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. The interviews will be conducted during the second half of September. Note that all interested candidates are encouraged to apply, regardless of age, race, gender, sexual orientation, marital status and religious, political or ethnic affiliation. To know more about DCA and NCA please visit our websites (www.danchurchaid.org and www.kirkensnodhjelp.no/en/)
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة DanChurchAid DCA
Head of Programme
8, Apr, 2019
21, Dec, 2018
Finance and Procurement Officer
22, Jun, 2018
25, Apr, 2018
Solar PV Impact Study
7, Nov, 2017
Head of Programme
15, Sep, 2017