The JCPP seeks a highly talented individual with strong analytical, organisational, facilitation and representation skills to join the strong and dynamic JCPP team. As the PC, you will lead and coordinate high-quality programming under the JCPP’s Save Lives goal, to plan, and implement humanitarian and emergency responses in alliance with human rights and international humanitarian law.
The PC will work closely with strong local and international partners to ensure smooth and adaptive programme implementation, dealing with challenges and opportunities in a proactive, inclusive and considered manner in line with the JCPP’s risk management approach. The PC will ensure effective collaboration with donors and partners, timely planning, implementation, documentation and reporting in compliance with donor requirements and DCA policies and systems.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Key qualifications / Experience expected/ Education:
We are looking for a highly driven, intelligent, organised and robust person with deep contextual understanding, excellent facilitation, representation, communication and collaboration skills, and a strong and enduring commitment to work for the protection of human rights and respect for international humanitarian law.
- Minimum B.A degree in social studies/ relevant fields in human rights and humanitarian assistance.
- Ideally more than 5 years’ experience of managing large projects funded by the OCHA, ECHO and other institutional donors in similar INGO or NNGO, including project development and reporting skills to donors.
- Advanced understanding and experience in cash programming and group cash grants.
- Excellent skills to monitor, analyse, and report on humanitarian developments, disaster relief/management, or emergency situations in Palestine.
- Previous experience in organizing and participating in work groups, UNOCHA cluster meetings, other actors meetings, conferences, and consultations with other agencies and partners on humanitarian and emergency relief-related matters.
- Previous experience in submitting proposals on the systems of the institutional donors such as OCHA and ECHO.
- Excellent programme management skills including planning, coordination and documentation skills, with the ability to organise a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities.
- Excellent skills in building and maintaining stakeholder relationships, including partners, donors, and beneficiaries. Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in multicultural teams.
- Patient, adaptable, flexible, able to improvise, remain responsive, and communicate clearly and effectively under pressure.
- Excellent ability to develop detailed projects’ plans, including goals, objectives, timelines, and budgets. Managing project budgets and expenses to ensure that projects are completed within the set budget.
- Excellent understanding of the political and social context in Palestine and ability to work effectively within it.
- Ensuring that projects’ deliverables meet the required quality standards, including relevant policies, regulations, and guidelines.
- Fluency in Arabic and English.
- Excellent written communication and verbal presentation skills in English and Arabic including the ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner.
- Experience in managing risks, including in developing risk management plans and mitigation measures.
- Self-motivation, creativity, and an ability to perform individually and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of international human rights law and international humanitarian law.
- Experience working in fundraising and proposal writing.
- Experience in international advocacy in humanitarian setting.
- Strong local and international networks.
- Be part of the highly professional and friendly JCPP team
- Meaningful, professional, dynamic, and pleasant workplace.
- Space to excel and manage your own time.
- Workstation: DCA/NCA Country office in Jerusalem, with possible travel in country and abroad.
- Duration: a 1-year contract following a satisfactory probation period. Renewal of contract for an open-ended contract will be based on performance.
- Contract Type: Full time
- Starting Date: ASAP
To apply for this position:
Please upload your CV and a cover letter that includes your motivation and capacity for the role no later than November 14, 2023. 23:59. Use the following link:
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Interviews and tests are expected to be held the week starting on the November 23rd and 24th, 2023. However, we reserve the right to conduct interviews at a rolling basis.
All interested candidates, irrespective of age, gender, race, religion, or ethnic affiliation are encouraged to apply for the vacancy. Everyone applying for a job with DCA must be ready to comply with our Code of Conduct, Staff Policy on Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment, and our Child Safeguarding policy.