About DanChurchAid (DCA) and Norwegian Church Aid (NCA).
DanChurchAid (DCA) and Norwegian Church Aid have worked with partners in Palestine since the 1950s. The two organisations joined their programmes in the Joint Country Programme (JCPP), which contributes to the goals of fighting extreme inequality, building resilient communities, and saving lives in the oPt. The JCPP is supported by and manages contracts from various institutional and private donors including Denmark, Norway, the European Union, and the UN.
The JCPP seeks a highly talented individual with strong analytical, organisational, facilitation and representation skills to join the strong and dynamic JCPP team. As the PO/PC, you will lead and coordinate high-quality programming under the JCPP’s Fight Extreme Inequality goal to promote young Palestinian voices and international action for human rights and international humanitarian law accountability using proven and innovative tools and approaches.
The PO/PC will work closely with strong local and international partners to ensure smooth and adaptive programme implementation, dealing with challenges and opportunities in a proactive, inclusive and considered manner in line with the JCPP’s risk management approach. The PO/PC will ensure effective collaboration with donors and partners, timely planning, implementation, documentation and reporting in compliance with donor requirements and DCA policies and systems.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Key qualifications / Experience expected/ Education:
We are looking for a highly driven, intelligent, organised and robust person with deep contextual understanding, excellent facilitation, representation, communication and collaboration skills, and a strong and enduring commitment to work for the protection of human rights and respect for international humanitarian law.
- Minimum B.A degree in social studies/ relevant field democracy, human rights, international law, etc.
- At least 3 years’ experience of managing large projects funded by the EU and other institutional donors in similar INGO or NNGO, including project development and reporting skills to donors.
- Excellent programme management skills including planning, coordination and documentation skills, with the ability to organise a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities.
- Excellent skills in building and maintaining stakeholder relationships, including partners, donors, and beneficiaries. Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in multicultural teams.
- Patient, adaptable, flexible, able to improvise, remain responsive, and communicate clearly and effectively under pressure.
- Excellent ability to develop detailed projects’ plans, including goals, objectives, timelines, and budgets. Managing project budgets and expenses to ensure that projects are completed within the set budget.
- Excellent understanding of the political and social context in Palestine and ability to work effectively within it.
- Ensuring that projects’ deliverables meet the required quality standards, including relevant policies, regulations, and guidelines.
- Fluency in Arabic and English. Knowledge of French, German or other languages are of added value.
- Excellent written communication and verbal presentation skills in English and Arabic including the ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner.
- Experience in managing risks, including in developing risk management plans and mitigation measures.
- Self-motivation, creativity, and an ability to perform individually and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of international human rights law and international humanitarian law.
- Experience working with Palestinian youth.
- Experience in international advocacy.
- Strong local and international networks.
- Be part of the highly professional and friendly JCPP team
- Meaningful, professional, dynamic, and pleasant workplace.
- Space to excel and manage your own time.
- Workstation: DCA/NCA Country office in Jerusalem, with possible travel in country and abroad.
- Duration: a 1-year contract following a satisfactory probation period. Renewal of contract for an open-ended contract will be based on performance.
- Contract Type: Full time
- Starting Date: 1 October 2023 or ASAP
To apply for this position:
Please upload your CV and a cover letter that includes your motivation and capacity for the role no later than 3 September 2023 23:59. Use the following link:
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Interviews and tests are expected to be held the week starting on the 11th September 2023. However, we reserve the right to conduct interviews at a rolling basis.
Note that all interested candidates are encouraged to apply, regardless of age, race, gender, sexual orientation, marital status and religious, political or ethnic affiliation. By applying for any job in DCA you accept to comply with our policies for prevention of sexual abuse, exploitation and harassment as well as child protection.