Established in 2006 as an independent non-profit nongovernmental organization, the NGO Development Center (NDC) provides financial and technical support to CSOs through its various programs and grant-making schemes. The Human Rights Fund Program is one of NDC’s main programs.
The overall objective of the Human Rights Fund Program is to contribute to the effective realization of adherence to human rights (HR) and international humanitarian law (IHL) in Palestine. To that end the Human Rights Fund Program will provide financial support to civil society organisations working towards achieving the overall objective.
The Senior HR/IHL Officer will be the focal person for the Human Rights Fund Program and will be responsible for the overall management of the Program and will ensure the achievement of its objectives. He/She will be based at NDC main office in Al-Ram, and will be required to travel throughout the West Bank and Jerusalem; and maintain direct contact with the NDC Gaza team working on this program. The Senior HR/IHL Officer will report to the NDC Director or his designee.
• M.A. or equivalent in human rights, law, social studies, development, or related fields.
• Expert knowledge of the HR/IHL sector in the oPt.
• Particular experience working with programs related to HR/IHL CSOs.
• Proven record in effectively coordinating programs of similar nature.
• Excellent facilitation skills, project management, monitoring, supervision and provision of technical assistance.
• Ability to coordinate and follow up multiple projects.
• Strong communication and writing skills in Arabic and English.
• Advanced computer skills
• Valid driving license.
How to apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter and CV to [email protected] , with the position title in the subject line no later than Thursday, October 18, 2018.
Further information relating to this position can be obtained from our website at www.ndc.ps/job-vacancy.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.