About Human Appeal
Human Appeal is a non-profit organisation working across the globe to strengthen humanity’s fight against poverty, social injustice and natural disaster. Through the provision of immediate relief and the establishment of self-sustaining development programmes, we aim to invest in real, effective solutions.
We work year-round to establish healthcare, water and sanitation- WASH, education, and livelihood programmes that pave the way for empowered, self-serving communities. We also provide food, medical aid, and disaster relief during emergencies, a critical intervention that saves lives.
- Manage the HA Finance Department and ensure the robustness of the HA financial management systems and processes, as well as smooth coordination with HA Head Quarter.
- Responsible for ensuring that the charity’s funders, donors, suppliers, volunteers and staff are paid appropriately and for ensuring that income is properly recognised in the systems to deliver and maintain an efficient and effective accounting system
- Maintaining all associated internal controls, policies and procedures and adhering to Accounting Regulations and associated legislation via utilisation of in-house Accounts and Management systems in order to safeguard the charity, deliver value for money, save costs, mitigate risk and prevent misappropriation of income and expenditure
Essential Job Responsibilities
Supervision of daily operation
- Ensure that the programmes financial accounting environment is in compliance with HA policies and procedures, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, donors' rules and regulations and legal requirements. Preparation of the monthly reconciliation of the bank statements
- Ensure the overall accuracy of financial information recorded in general ledger and reflected on the programmes trial balance and other financial reports submitted to HQ, donors and other stakeholders.
- Oversee the development and implementation of robust local financial systems and processes (for e.g., payroll and cash management) as appropriate and Ensure that all assets including cash, inventories, accounts receivable and fixed assets are accurately reflected on the HA Financial Statement.
- Oversee monthly analysis of the HA trial balance and other financial reports. Such reports include but are not limited to budget comparison reports, grant liability reports, efficiency reports
- Lead partner finance-related due diligence and vetting processes and, as necessary, provides technical assistance to meet capacity gaps identified in the process
- Regularly familiarizes themselves with relevant local laws including taxation and social security laws and serves as a resource for the office on such laws.
- Support the Programmes Department in developing budgets for new programmes/projects and revisions of existing projects.
- Ensure that reasonable estimates of direct cost and shared direct cost are used in budgets, based on historical data and current market conditions.
- Ensures that accurate indirect cost and support services rates are used in accordance with policies and guidelines for each project
- Organise regular review of BVA with programme managers and country directors to address significant variances between approved budgets and actual expenses and plan strategies for addressing them and support budget holders in their budget management
Cash flow management
- Analyze and review quarterly cash forecasts submitted to HQ, to ensure efficient management of cash flows. In addition, ensure that cash forecasts submitted to donors are accurate and based on proper cash flow planning
- Ensure availability of sufficient, but not excessive cash in the operating account, by establishing cash balance monitoring systems to trigger timely accounts' replenishment.
- Ensure bank accounts are managed in accordance with finance and treasury policies. Coordinate the opening and closure of bank accounts and maintain an accurate list of bank signatories.
- Ensure that monthly bank reconciliations are performed in accordance with the Bank Reconciliation Procedure for all bank accounts and approved bank reconciliation forms are submitted to HQ/Finance on timely basis.
- Monitor currency exchange rates and alert management when/if unusual or unexpected changes occur.
- Promote efficient and innovative solutions to cash management based on current trends. Such solutions might include electronic banking and mobile banking.
Financial staff training
- Oversee the recruitment, training and development of a competent pool of finance staff that can effectively discharge of the finance function
- Oversee the orientation of accounting staff and project managers in relevant financial management practices, HA policies and procedures and donors' financial requirements. In addition, design and implement succession plans for finance staff.
- Ensure that job descriptions for Finance employees are up to date. In addition, ensure that performance and development plans are prepared each year.
- Conduct the annual performance appraisals for supervised staff, and Make these documents a useful tool for employees to maintain and improve their performance.
- Provide feedback on performance appraisal and professional development of Finance staff to Human Resources Department and Head of Mission.
Liaise with Head Quarter
- Oversee the month-end financial closure process and coordinate the timely submission of monthly financial reports to Head Of Mission, donors, human appeal HQ
- Supervise the preparation and submission of financial reports to HQ, donors and local government entities based on HA policies, local laws and donors' requirements. When required, provide background information on the nature of costs to donors and other stakeholders.
For Operational daily works: His responsiblites should also includes but not limited to;
- Maintain financial control, due diligence and financial administration of projects.
- Acquire up to date status of project payments, exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery to our partners.
- Review and approve final financial reports for projects implemented by partners.
- Archive all financial documents.
- Ensure Compliance of HA internal/external procedures and policies to ensure safe and legal money transfer.
- Sucessfully ensure that the Charity’s Suppliers, Partners & staff are paid appropriately in a timely fashion.
- Successfully ensure that the charity’s income from Funders & Donors are accounted for appropriately
- Successfully prevent misappropriation of income and expenditure.
- Safeguard the charity from risk & in accordance with internal policies, procedures and external accounting regulations.
- Deliver value for money by ensuring due diligence checks are applied to all financial matters.
- Review all supplier invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Log (file and scan) invoices, including expenses, ad-hoc payment requests.
- Ensure efficient and timely accounts payable month-end closing.
- Preparing accruals and prepayments.
- Review (and adjust where necessary) ensuring payments are being made appropriately in line with payment terms.
- Prepare and distribute remittance advices to Suppliers.
- Prepare payment documents relating to suppliers paid by direct debit.
- Receive supplier statements, match those against payments made; invoices ready for payment and invoices in query.
- Reconciliation of Supplier Accounts in liaison with the Financial Controller.
- Producing and reconciling monthly Creditor reports and analyzing Aged Creditors reports.
- Reconciliation of various Bank Accounts.
- Contribute to the Month End & Year End Accounts closing and external audit.
- Review Budgets versus Actuals performance with Budget Holders.
- Prepare new projects budgets
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Experience and Technical Competencies
- University Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field or equivalent work experience required. A professional certification in Accounting or a related field highly desired.
- Accounting qualification (such as CPA, ACA, ACMA, ACCA)
- Minimum of 5 years successful experience in the humanitarian and developmental field
- Professional level using MS Office Suite, especially MS Excel.
- High proficiency and Fluent in English, Arabic is an asset
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Senior Finance Coordinator to take the step in their career by joining our rapidly expanding global organisation.
We are looking for immediate hires so for the best chance of success please APPLY TODAY as we will be reviewing candidates on a rolling basis.
Please make sure to upload your CV and Cover Letter outlining how your experience, skills, qualification and professional background fit with the position requirements in your application.