Job Vacancy- temporary- 6 months project
Senior Economist/ financial analyst
The Portland Trust (TPT) is looking for a senior economist/financial analyst to join our high-performing team in Ramallah.
The role will be to analyze economic sectors, and work on interventions that will lead to boost specific sectors within the Palestinian economy with maximum impact on economic growth and job creation.
Roles & Responsibilities
- To monitor developments relating to the general economy, with the objective of analyzing specific sectors with the most impact on economic growth and job creation.
- To conduct research related to specific sectors including but not limited to the IT, Agriculture, Tourism, Energy and Construction sectors.
- To carry out market surveillance exercises and participate in discussions with market participants and to prepare relevant, concise and clear market intelligence reports.
- To contribute to regular reports and prepare presentations or interventions highlighting recent developments and their possible impact on job creation and economic growth.
- Lead the financial feasibility analysis, fundraising, impact measurement, and sustainability of development projects
- To leverage TPT and personal networks to catalyze development projects and attract/convert donor and private sector funding
- To represent TPT at conferences, meetings, and industry events
- To support the TPT team with market research and competitive positioning analysis
- To Prepare of concept notes, proposals, and presentation decks
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Job Prerequisites & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, finance, marketing or related field (hi-tech related disciplines may be considered in certain cases)
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in development agencies and/or NGOs.
- Strong communication and presentation skills that establish interest, credibility, and trust, with a thorough command of English and strong networking skills
- Business and commercial acumen and effective stakeholder management skills
- Demonstrable aptitude and track record in working in a collaborative / team environment with excellent organizational skills
- Strong leadership, problem solving, and decision-making abilities with an ability to work independently, be proactive, and handle uncertainty
- Strong time management skills and the ability to juggle multiple tasks at once
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address: [email protected] which includes your CV and cover letter, no later than 14th of September, 2021 by 4:00PM. Kindly state in the email subject “Senior Economist/ financial analyst”.