Al Saraya Center for Community Services ( Al-Saraya)
Al Saraya Center for Community Services ( Al-Saraya) is seeking qualified candidates for a full time position of:
Duty Station: Old City of Jerusalem
Major Duties & Activities:
- Prepare and manage all monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
- Prepare payroll sheet and related tax deductions.
- Logging all financial and accounting transactions into Bisan Accounting System.
- Ensure compliance with the center’s manuals, donor contracts, and agreements.
- Ensure full support documentation for all transactions.
- Prepare and record asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries.
- Maintain general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts; preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
- Cooperating with the external auditor, and providing all required documents and reporting.
- Be responsible for the procurement and contracting processes for the centers related activities.
- Maintain and balance subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting, reconciling transactions and resolving discrepancies.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting from an accredited university.
- Five or more years of experience in a mid-to-upper level accounting position in NGOs.
- Excellent command of spoken and written Arabic and English, and Good command of spoken and written Hebrew.
- Excellent knowledge of labor laws in Jerusalem.
- Ability to cope with multiple tasks effectively and work under pressure.
- Knowledge of NGOs & donors financial policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices including internal controls.
- Knowledge of budget development, projections and variance analysis.
- Be respectful, flexible, ethical, consistent and fair.
- Experience with BISAN Enterprise accounting software.
- Proficiency in using a range of office software, including MS/Word, Outlook, Excel, Email.
- Ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner.
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and issue financial information in a timely manner.
All interested candidates should send a detailed CV and a cover letter to the following address: [email protected] no later than Thursday, 15 November 2023, 3:00 PM Jerusalem time.
Al Saraya Center for Community Services is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women to apply for all positions.
Only those who are short-listed will be contacted for a written test. Successful candidates will be then contacted for and interview.