Job Posting: Senior Academic Director (Lower School)
Pioneers Baccalaureate School is seeking a full-time Senior Academic Director for the Lower School. The Senior Academic Director supervises academic coordinators (Arabic, Math/Science, English) and manages the day-to-day running of the school. Responsibilities include: ensuring clear and timely communication with students and parents about school events and important information; creating and updating class schedules; working with academic coordinators to ensure a high quality of teacher performance, curriculum, and student achievement; and evaluating teacher and student performance.
The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of experience working in an educational setting. He/she will also have familiarity or experience with standard-based and skill-based learning ideologies, such as Common Core State Standards (CCSS), International Baccalaureate (IB) program, or Cambridge/IGCSE system. The Senior Academic Director will be responsible, in conjunction with academic coordinators, for incorporating standard-based teaching and assessment into classroom instruction, training teachers, and documenting progress.
The employee should be a self-starter who is comfortable making decisions and leading a team. This employee will assist the Head of School with decision-making and policy implementation in areas of instruction, assessment, staff development, technology, and personnel.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Exceptional Arabic and English language skills are required.
- Minimum BA/BS in education or similar field, with graduate-level work preferred or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years working as an educator or manager within an educational setting
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to manage teams of people
The ideal candidate will have:
- An energetic, dynamic personality and positive attitude, with a desire to create, inspire, and contribute to the school community
- Excellent communication skills and ability to manage relations with and among students, staff, and parents
- Experience in assessing student learning, as well as an understanding how each year’s curriculum builds on the previous.
- The ability to commit time outside of official school hours to organize or oversee clubs, activities, and/or events.
Please see instructions for application below. Applications without a CV/resume AND cover letter will not be considered. Please write “Senior Academic Director” in the subject line.
TO APPLY: Please send a CV/resume and cover letter to [email protected]. In the cover letter, please include why you are interested in the position, and why you think you would be a good fit for this role. Please write “Senior Academic Director” in the subject line.
Pioneers is a non-profit, private school located in Nablus, Palestine. With a staff of over 90 teachers and administrators, and over 650 students in grades 1-12, Pioneers teaches a rigorous bilingual curriculum. Pioneers is a bicultural community grounded in critical thinking, inquiry, and creativity.
To learn more about Pioneers, visit our website: www.pioneers.ps