The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
These jobs are found at Country and Field Offices. Job holders typically report to the Senior Security Associate or the designate.
To control entry to WFP premises to ensure security and safety of staff, premises and property in compliance with WFP security and safety procedures.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Monitor and control entry to WFP premises including screening persons and belongings, and issuing building passes, to ensure accurate accounting of staff and visitors’ on WFP premises.
- Conduct regular and accurate checks of premises, and maintain continuous surveillance against fire, water leakage, deposit of dangerous objects or any other actions that may cause damage to WFP premises or injury to staff, to ensure compliance with safety procedures.
- Report on any incidents or actions that involve a breach of security procedures to the supervisor, to ensure prompt actions are taken following established security procedures.
- In case of incident/emergency, immediately use communications systems to alert a supervisor and/or liaise as necessary with the local administration, police authorities, fire services and other emergency services, to ensure required support is provided in a timely manner.
- Patrol and maintain security of the Warehouse premises and grounds during the assigned shift and report any irregularities.
- Respond to emergencies effecting the safety of the premises and notify the immediate supervisor or other designated staff members.
- Control the admission and movement of authorized personnel, suppliers, commercial trucks to WFP grounds and premises.
- Ensure that routine patrols are conducted within the grounds and ensure that security guards/watchmen keep an up-to-date record of their patrol duties.
- Patrol assigned areas, maintain continual surveillance against fire, water leakage and any other action which could damage premises or injure personnel.
- Investigate and report all incidents on shared grounds that involve a breach of security procedures, injuries and/or theft and report back to supervisor.
- In case of incident/emergency instruct WFP staff members and visitors of performance of security services, including fire control and physical security for the premises, first aid procedures, use of equipment and operation of the automated alarm and video surveillance systems, if installed.
- Maintain updated directives and security personnel lists.
- Respond to enquiries and provide appropriate information or suggest alternative sources of information.
- Issue building passes when appropriate.
- Liaise as necessary with the local administration, police authorities, fire services and other emergency services.
- Report for duty as and when necessary (on call).
- Duties to be performed on a 24/7 basis as scheduled in the Security Guard Duty Roster not to exceed 40 hours per week.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Education: Completion of secondary school education. Security Guard training is an advantage.
Experience: Two or more years of security related experience.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Good knowledge of essential security procedures and requirements.
• Ability to detect and identify dangerous objects and knowledge of how to deal with such objects.
• Ability to use fire equipment, metal detectors and other equipment.
• Ability to remain calm in emergency situations.
• Ability to provide immediate intervention and assistance in case of fire or other emergencies.
• High sense of responsibility and alertness; emotional stability and neatness.
• Physical fitness on duty and training in self-defense techniques.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Courtesy, tact and the ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
• Good knowledge of the city where the office is located.
• Willingness to attend security trainings and comply with UNSMS standards.
Language: Fluency (level C) in the UN language in use at the duty station and in the duty station’s language, if different. Fluency (level C) in English language is mandatory for Guards at HQ.
Internal WFP staff can access the VA through LMS/ CAREER page through the following link: newgo.wfp.org/services/e-recruitment
External applicants kindly follow the below link: www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings
Or by submitting your CV by hand to WFP office WFP office- Al Munther Street 30, Beit Hanina, Jerusalem. Landline:02-5401340
Females are highly encouraged to apply
Deadline for application is: 11th June 2018
Only short-listed candidates meeting the required qualifications will be contacted.