Rights Respected, People Protected
“A seven-year-old child in Gaza has already witnessed three wars in their lifetime. This is unacceptable.”
Jan Egeland, NRC’s Secretary General
Since 2009, NRC has been providing humanitarian assistance and promoting respect for international law in one of the longest-running displacement crises in modern history. We protect and assist Palestinians affected by, or threatened with, displacement in Gaza and the West Bank, including East Jerusalem. We provide legal counselling to promote human rights and improve shelter, water and sanitation facilities. We support the provision of quality education, and help communities prepare for, and respond to, emergencies. We also advocate for the rights of displaced Palestinians locally and internationally.
Job Advertisement / Security and Access Technical Officer- Jerusalem
Role Specific Information
The Security and Access Technical Officer is responsible to timely provide necessary information and advice the Logistics Manager/Country Director on all security related issues within the country and especially in West Bank area. At the same time, the Security and Access Technical Officer is the Security Focal Point (SFP) for West Bank responsible for movement and access coordination.
- Ensure compliance with NRC policies, guidelines and standards
- Ensure compliance with NRC security related tools, handbooks, guidelines and standards; such as security risk assessments and crises management plan.
- Support in the development of Country Office security policies and procedures
- Supports the implementation of all security measures
- Conducts scheduled and ad-hoc field visits for security assessment, report findings and recommendations. Conducts security assessment to ensure NRC office and residential facilities’ security standards are in place
- Recommends and/or provides staff training's on safety and security in a proactive and positive manner that promotes inclusion, participation and leadership among NRC team
- Coordination with Gaza Security Coordinator on security related issues for specific NRC locations and overall security.
- Develop security briefing materials and provide security briefings and updates to staff and visitors as needed.
- Closely monitor field security situations with focus on the direct areas of field operations
- Follow-up on incidents reports
- Ensures that vehicles are properly equipped for safe movement to field of operations
- Facilitates staff both national International and visitors movement throughout Jerusalem and WB including follow-up on required permits and visas
- Escort field visits to high risk areas and/or with visitors.
- Maintain accurate data regarding fuel and maintenance costs; analyze mileages and vehicle running costs for the vehicle fleet.
- Ensure that logbooks are kept for each vehicle and all documents are in order
- Ensure that all vehicles are in good working order and equipped according to NRC policy
- Prepare monthly reports on fuel consumption and use of vehicles
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Our Ideal Candidate:
We are looking for a university graduate in related field, with a minimum of 3 years previous experience in Security/ safety and Access in complex operating environment. in particular in the Middle East. Our Candidate should have a strong organizational & negotiation skills and a proven capacity to manage safety and security in Palestine context. Fluency in Arabic & Hebrew , both written and verbal and Excellent English language skills are required. We are particularly looking for a positive individual with strong communication skills, who can build trust and confidently navigate both internally and externally at different levels.
In this position you will join highly motivated and expert staff who are making a difference to the most vulnerable people in the world's biggest displacement crisis.
Contract period:1-year renewable
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Jerusalem
Start Date: ASAP.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة