Seasonal & Emergency Program Manager
CONTEXT AND BACKGROUND
Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization that intents to help, to bring relief and to protect the lives of those threatened by natural disasters, armed conflicts or by economic collapse. SIF provides its help in respect of the cultural diversity, without any distinction of origin, religion or gender. SIF Palestine Mission was established in 2008 and since then, it has set up many concrete activities in order to help in a large scale and developed a comprehensive knowledge of the local context and understanding of local needs.
ROLE IN THE ORGANIZATION
The Seasonal & Emergency Program Manager is under the supervision of the Programs Manager responsible for the management and operational aspects of Seasonal and Emergency projects, s/he also works in close cooperation with all the program and support staff.
The main responsibilities:-
Need assessment and proposal writing:
- Conduct needs assessment of the current situation in Gaza Strip related to Seasonal & Emergency program aspects’ in order to draw future intervention;
- Participate in writing of new Seasonal & Emergency program's proposals with possible linkage between seasonal and livelihood program;
- Monitor the situation in Gaza and assess the need of affected people in emergency cases.
Management of the implementation of projects activities:
- Plan and organize Seasonal & Emergency program activities;
- Conduct field visits to monitor the progress in implementation of activities and give appropriate directions to the field team;
- Ensure the projects’ plans are prepared and implemented in line with the right schedule;
- Follow up the status of the emergency stock in SIF warehouses and develop stock management monitoring system;
- Participate in post monitoring distribution and Evaluation of Seasonal & Emergency program;
- Coordinate and collaborate with other departments to collect information about potential beneficiaries for the seasonal project activities.
Projects team management
- Participate to the recruitment of the newly employees;
- Manage the team work of the Seasonal and Emergency Program staff;
- Plan for capacity building of the team if needed;
- Evaluate team members on a regular basis.
Monitoring and evaluation of the projects
- Monitor field activities, collect regularly data and compile in weekly activity report;
- Assure a good internal follow-up of the projects in accordance with the project cycle, logical framework, time-frame, reporting and the general objectives already fixed;
- Evaluate and up-date project needs (HR, financing, logistics), following the directions of the MEAL & Programs Managers.
Reporting, project analysis and reorientation
- Collect up to date information on implementation of seasonal and emergency activities and develop report to line manager, DHoM HQ , and donors;
- Prepare monthly, interim, and final program’s reports;
- Ensure quality of communication report including photos, videos, success stories as per SIF communication guideline. Perform any other duties related as may be assigned.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES
- A Bachelor degree from an accredited university or its equivalent in business administration, or related fields and equivalent work experience;
- At least 5 years proven experiences in related fields in humanitarian organizations;
- Strong organizational and analytical skills;
- Experience in and commitment to participatory management and maintaining a supportive, open environment to ensure the transferring of knowledge & development of all staff;
- Multidisciplinary : intervention capacity with the different strand of action (agriculture, food security, child care, relief, rehabilitation and development);
- High skills in report writing and demonstration of experience in practicing conceptual tools (e.g. logical framework);
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, exhaustive situation, and beyond working hours.
- Excellent written and spoken English & Arabic (essential), French is a plus;
- Excellent communication skills and flexibility;
- Ability to build, manage and motivate teams and individuals to achieve set objectives and targets;
- Ability to work under pressure and in emergency situations;
- Very good computer skills: MS Office (specially Word and Excel);
- Ability to travel frequently and under the particular travel requirements of the assignment.
Humble and flexible, force proposal and initiative, capacity to prioritize, networking and partnership development, sense of responsibilities and coordination skills, good interpersonal skills, patient and ready to listen to people, open-minded and collective approach, and strong humanitarian motivation.
- Location: Gaza Strip
- Duration: 1 year (renewable)
- Starting Date: As soon As Possible
- Seasonal & Emergency Program Manager: (Ref #:2022/01/SEPM)
Interested candidates are requested to send the followings:
- Their CV;
- Letter of Motivation with the Ref # of the post (as indicated above);
- Two professional references for the last two employers with their contacts’ information.
All above documents should be sent not later than 02:00 p.m. on 14.02.2022 to the following e-mail address:
Faxed CV’s or emails without the Post Title & Ref # will be neglected. Only candidates possessing relevant experiences will be shortlisted.
Secours Islamique France is an equal opportunity employer
SIF commits to respect the “Do no harm” humanitarian principle and ensure child safety is paramount in all its activities. SIF implements a Child Safeguarding Policy (CSP) at headquarters and in every mission. We do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with vulnerable people, in particular with children join our organization.
This position is subject to a range of vetting checks including criminal records disclosure and reference checks. We have zero tolerance for harmful practices and will take any allegation or report of child abuse very seriously.