CONTEXT AND BACKGROUND
Founded in 1992, Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a non-governmental organization for international solidarity with a social and humanitarian mission With a presence in Asia, the Middle East, Africa and Europe, Secours Islamique France assists the peoples through its emergency aid, development and orphan sponsorship programs in over 30 countries wherever humanitarian and social needs exist, without regard to race, religion or gender.
SIF Gaza Strip Office- Palestine Mission was established in 2008, and since then, the Gaza Strip Office has developed a comprehensive knowledge of the local context and understanding of local needs. SIF Gaza Strip Palestine is a member of the Food Security, WASH, Education, Child Protection, Health & Nutrition and Shelter/NFIs clusters since many years and plays an active role in most of clusters’ meetings. SIF Gaza Strip Office- Palestine Mission also works in coordination with many local and international and humanitarian organizations and local NGOs in Gaza Strip to assess, share information and coordinate projects implementation with The Palestinian Authority (PA) to obtain authorizations.
ROLE IN THE ORGANIZATION
The Seasonal & Emergency Program Manager is under the Programs Manager responsible for the operational aspects of Seasonal and Emergency program, s/he also works in close cooperation with all the program and support staff, the main tasks:-
- Conduct needs assessment of the current situation in Gaza Strip related to Seasonal & Emergency program aspects’ in order to draw future intervention;
- Participate in writing of new Seasonal & Emergency program's proposals .with possible linkage between seasonal and livelihood program;
- Plan and organize Seasonal & Emergency program activities;
- Manage the program team/partners;
- Ensure the capacity building and supervise national workers in Seasonal & Emergency program;
- Participate in post monitoring distribution and Evaluation of Seasonal & Emergency program;
- Monitor field activities, collect regularly data and compile in weekly activity report;
- Prepare monthly, interim, and final program’s reports;
- Report Seasonal & Emergency program’s analysis and reorientation;
- Perform any other duties related as may be assigned.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES
- A Bachelor degree from an accredited university or its equivalent in business administration, or related fields and equivalent work experience;
- At least 5 years proven experiences in related fields in humanitarian organizations;
- Strong organizational and analytical skills;
- Experience in and commitment to participatory management and maintaining a supportive, open environment to ensure the transferring of knowledge & development of all staff;
- Multidisciplinary : intervention capacity with the different strand of action (agriculture, food security, child care, relief, rehabilitation and development);
- High skills in report writing and demonstration of experience in practicing conceptual tools (e.g. logical framework);
- Excellent written and spoken English (essential);
- Excellent communication skills and flexibility;
- Ability to build, manage and motivate teams and individuals to achieve set objectives and targets;
- Ability to work under pressure and in emergency situations;
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, internet and e-mail);
- Ability to travel frequently and under the particular travel requirements of the assignment.
Humble and flexible, force proposal and initiative, capacity to prioritize, networking and partnership development, sense of responsibilities and coordination skills, good interpersonal skills, patient and ready to listen to people, open-minded and adopts collective approach, and have strong humanitarian motivation
- Location: Gaza Strip
- Duration: 1 year.
- Starting Date: As Soon As Possible
- Seasonal & Emergency Program Manager : (Ref #: 2020/01/ SEPM)
Interested candidates are requested to send the followings:
- Their CV.
- Letter of Motivation with the Ref # of the post (as indicated above).
- Two professional references for their last two employers.
All above documents should be sent no later than 02:00 p.m. on 19th January 2020 to the following e-mail address: [email protected]
Faxed CV’s or emails without the Post Title & Ref # will be neglected.
Only candidates possessing relevant experiences will be considered.
Secours Islamique France is an equal opportunity employer