BADIL Resource Center for Palestinian Residency and Refugee Rights is a Palestinian human rights organization established in 1998 and based in Bethlehem. BADIL is dedicated to defending and promoting the inalienable rights of the Palestinian people in general and the rights of the displaced in particular. BADIL utilizes a rigorous rights and evidence based legal analysis established within the frameworks of international humanitarian, human rights and refugee law to further advance Palestinian rights.
Location: Bethlehem, Palestine
The Researcher contributes to implementation of BADIL's research and advocacy action plan, including compilation and analysis of field data, legal and political resources, as well as assisting in the drafting and compiling of articles, briefs, studies and UN submissions (UNHRC, treaty bodies and special procedures) that support BADIL's evidence–based legal analysis and advocacy initiatives.
- Support the production of research for BADIL legal studies, fact sheets and briefs, position and policy papers;
- Support the production of legal submissions, statements and reports for the various mechanisms of the UN;
- Analyze new violation incidents within their legal and political context and with reference to previously recorded incidents in order to identify trends;
- Represent BADIL at conferences, workshops relevant to research and advocacy initiatives;
- Participate in the overall review and editing of research and advocacy products;
- Serve as resource person for BADIL, in particular being responsible for responding to written information requests and legal solicitations made to BADIL;
- Contribute to developing BADIL’s overall research and international advocacy strategies.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Minimum human rights or international law, or other appropriate Bachelor’s degree; additional work experience as a researcher preferred
- A minimum of two years of relevant work experience in human rights monitoring, research and/or advocacy;
- Excellent research and analytical skills;
- Excellent English speaking, writing and editing skills: ability to write clear, concise and well-structured reports and other publications on human rights issues in English;
- Strong interest and sound understanding of current international affairs; good understanding of international policies towards Israel/Palestine and the Arab Region in general;
- Knowledge of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, including the refugee question, and an understanding of local and regional politics;
- Working knowledge of Arabic preferred but not required;
- Strong commitment to human rights and social justice principles;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Good organizational skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and as part of a team; willingness to work long hours if required; and,
- Ability to work in an intercultural environment.
For international applicants: BADIL does not facilitate visa applications. Interested candidates either must have a valid visa or are able to obtain one.
Preference shall be given to candidates that: have international degrees in human rights and international law; are residents of the Bethlehem governorate; are female candidates with equal or higher qualifications.
المسمى الوظيفي Researcher
آخر موعد للتقديم 23 - Dec - 2021
المكان بيت لحم
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 2 Years
Deadline for applications: 23 December 2021, by 16:00 pm and sent via email to [email protected]
Application must include: CV/Resume, Letter of interest/personal statement in English, a sample of applicant’s research and 2 references. Only complete applications will be considered by the selection committee. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the interview phase by BADIL.
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة BADIL Resource Center